An Ado-Ekiti Customary Court, on Wednesday, dissolved a 31-year-old marriage between one Adedara Francis and his wife, Adedara Oluwakemi.
The DAILY POST reports that both parties had earlier given evidence on November 4, 2020.
The marriage was dissolved on grounds of alleged frequent beatings, insubordination, greediness, selfishness, domestic violence, lack of care for the children as well as assault raised by the husband against the wife.
Francis, 52, a resident of No. 14 Adewumi Oluwole Street in Ado-Ekiti, accused his wife of battery, adding that she was in the habit of always beating him at the slightest opportunity.
He said that his wife refused to submit to him, saying on every little disagreement, she would beat him up.
He said his wife was a violent woman, adding that she would not cook for him or take care of the children.
He added that he has been responsible for taking care of everything in the house, including the children.
According to him, based on the beating he received from his wife, he had been hospitalized twice in the course of their living together.
The father of four alleged dissertations of up to ten years by his wife, adding they were no longer living together.
He also accused his wife of adultery, saying that he was not aware until she travelled for a course, saying anytime he called her, it was a man that picked her call.
He added that there was a time, his wife wanted to send a message to a man but mistakenly sent it on his phone.
The petitioner, therefore, urged the court to dissolve their marriage, their children are Opeyemi(32)f, Abimbola (22) f, Damilola (19) f and Tomiwa (17) m.
But the respondent, Oluwakemi, 51, a resident of No.13 Nova Road in Ado-Ekiti, denied beating her husband.
She said it was her husband that was in the habit of beating her.
She said her husband was a pathological liar and denied adultery alleged by him.
Oluwakemi said the message that was mistakenly sent to him was meant for her patient, being a nurse.
She admitted that she left the house because of the way her husband was beating her on a daily basis.
The respondent said she was not in support of the dissolution because the petitioner remains her husband.
The President of the Court, Mrs Olayinka Akomolede, observed that the marriage was broken down irretrievably, consequently dissolved the marriage.
Akomolede ruled that the custody of Tomiwa is granted to the petitioner, while Abimbola and Damilola can decide where to remain.
She granted access to the respondent to see Tomiwa in his school without any trouble.
- VIDEO: Salinko Says That People Around Funny Face Do Not Advice HimIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Kumawood actor, Salinko, who was insulted by Funny Face for poke nosing into his affairs hasn’t given up on talking about him. According to Salinko ...[Read more]
- “See what you are missing” – Toke Makinwa shoots shot at DrakeIn Entertainment, GossipFebruary 26, 2021Nigerian On Air Personality and presenter, Toke Makinwa has summoned courage and shot her shot at Canadian-American rapper, Aubrey Drake Graham. The ...[Read more]
- Bandits Are The Criminals Hired To Sabotage Jonathan’s Govt, But Have Been Abandoned – MailafiaIn Boko Haram, Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Niger, Dr Obadiah Mailafia, has said during a recent interview that many of the bandits terrorising the ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Draw for Round of 16 conducted [Full fixtures]In SportsFebruary 26, 2021Barcelona presidential candidate, Joan Laporta, has officially announced the individuals he will work with should he win the elections. Laporta, a ...[Read more]
- NYC Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza stepping downIn USAFebruary 26, 2021Polarizing Department of Education Chancellor Richard Carranza is abruptly stepping down effective March 15 after nearly three controversial years at ...[Read more]
- KOKOnista Of The Day: Inspirational Jourdan Dunn Is Helping To Raise Awareness Of Sickle-cell Disease And Diversity In The Modelling IndustryIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021Jourdan Dunn is a British model and actress who is leading the fight for diversity in the modelling industry. Jourdan Dunn was born ...[Read more]
- Man castrates self to control his s*xual desiresIn GossipFebruary 26, 2021To curb his insatiable appetite for female flesh, a man has cut off parts of his genitals in Benue State. Terhemen Anongo, popularly called Doc K or ...[Read more]
- Lady shares scary experience with her late mother after she passed onIn Viral NewsFebruary 26, 2021A lady identified as Blessing Unanka has taken to Facebook to share her encounter with her late mother after she passed on. Sharing the experience, ...[Read more]
- VIDEOS: Davido Flies From Atlanta To Los Angeles Just To Have LunchIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Money ain’t sh*t! Hungry Davido had to fly with his private jet from Atlanta to Los Angeles just to have lunch. Davido posted videos of himself with ...[Read more]
- Zamfara Abduction: Over 500 Students Were Kidnapped Not 300 – Teacher ConfirmsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021One of the teachers at the Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, in Talata Mafara Local Government Area of Zamfara State, where it was reported ...[Read more]