One person has reportedly died, while four others sustained various degrees of injuries in an auto crash that occurred on the Gbongan-Ibadan expressway.
Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Osun Sector Command, Kudirat Ibrahim, confirmed this on Monday in a statement by the Command’s Spokesperson, Mrs Agnes Ogungbemi, which was made available to newsmen in Osogbo.
Ibrahim said the incident was caused by speeding and non-compliance with road traffic regulations.
She noted that the accident which occurred around the Salam-Salam area, seven kilometres to Sasa Bridge, involved 11 persons.
“The accident occurred at about 9:30 am. on Monday on Gbongan expressway and 11 persons were involved. They include six males, four females, and one female child.
“A navy blue Toyota Sienna car with registration number, WWD 172 AA, lost control while on top speed and somersaulted several times before landing in a bush on the roadside.
“Four persons that were injured were one male, two females and one child. They have been taken to Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (OAUTH) for further treatment.
“The dead has also been taken to the OAUTH morgue while items belonging to the deceased were recovered,” she said.
According to her, the damaged vehicle has been towed by the command’s heavy-duty truck to allow free flow of traffic.
The sector commander appealed to motorists to desist from speeding and also obey road safety regulations to avoid loss of lives and property.
- EPL: Arteta warns Gabriel Martinelli after Arsenal defeated Leicester City 3-1In EPL, SportsMarch 1, 2021Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta, has warned forward, Gabriel Martinelli, that he needs to keep working hard to get back to his best following his side’s ...[Read more]
- “You were not 12, not your cousin, stop lying” – Reactions as Nengi shares throwback photo with cousin at age 12In Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Popular reality star, Nengi Rebecca Hampson has shared a throwback photo of herself with her cousin from when she was 12-years-old. Taking to Twitter ...[Read more]
- EPL: I’m baffled referee Attwell didn’t award Man United penalty against Chelsea – Mark ClattenburgIn SportsMarch 1, 2021
- Connecticut EMT accused of tossing Molotov cocktails at four ambulance facilitiesIn USAMarch 1, 2021An emergency medical worker in Connecticut was arrested after allegedly using Molotov cocktails to set fires at four ambulance facilities on ...[Read more]
- Davido finally speaks amid cheating allegationsIn Entertainment, GossipMarch 1, 2021Award-winning Nigerian singer, David ”Davido” Adeleke, has broken silence amid allegations that that he is cheating on his fiancée, Chioma with ...[Read more]
- How National Investigations Bureau threatened a journalist to drop ‘serious’ election year story against SOEIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021An officer of the National Investigations Bureau (NIB) formerly the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) last year (2020) allegedly placed a phone ...[Read more]
- Fulham’s Tosin Adarabioyo makes choice between Nigeria, EnglandIn SportsMarch 1, 2021
- Graphic Video: Rival Tamale gangs clash in sharp cutlass fight over real ownership of ‘K2’ gang nameIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021A renewed bitter rivalry between two notorious gangs in the northern regional capital, Tamale, has led to at least 10 members with cutlass injuries. ...[Read more]
- Free speech in Ghana has been under constant attack since Akufo-Addo won 2016 election – Manasseh AzureIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Investigative journalist Manasseh Azure Awuni has said Ghana’s press freedom has been under attack since 2017 when Nana Akufo-Addo became President ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Man United: Paul Scholes disagrees with Tuchel’s comments after EPL 0-0 drawIn SportsMarch 1, 2021