Epe residents on Sunday appealed to the Lagos State Government and security agencies to assist in ridding the area of cultists who threaten their lives.
Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), many lamented heinous crimes committed by the cultists either through gang wars or through brigandage.
Lamenting the heinous crimes committed by cultists, Tunde Oluwo, a youth leader, told NAN that more than 20 indigenes and students had been killed in cult clashes in the last few months.
He said activities of cultists in the community were becoming worrisome and needed the government’s immediate attention and action.
1 dead, others injured as rival cult clash in Bayelsa
Oluwo disclosed that most of the gang wars often happened between two rival cult groups, “Aye (Black Axe)’’ and “Eiye Confraternity’’.
“It is becoming frightening as residents don’t sleep with their two eyes closed.
“The cult gangs strike and cause chaos day and night; no respect for freedom of movement,’’ he lamented.
He expressed disappointment that primary and secondary school students were being initiated into cultism in the Epe community.
Another resident, Mrs Tubosun Adelaja, a business woman, said incessant cult clashes had affected her business negatively in the last six months.
“We cannot open our shops till late at night because we don’t know when the cult gangs will strike,” she lamented.
Mr Demola Olufowobi, told the government, Neighbourhood Watch, the Oodua People Congress (OPC) and others to support the fight against insecurity in Epe.
“Epe community has become a hideout for cultists in Lagos state.
“We are begging government and security agencies to come and flush the cultists out of Epe before it gets out of control,’’ he said.
He appealed to the state government, traditional rulers, religious and community leaders to support residents in tackling this unwanted menace in the community.
Police arrest ‘soldier’ over alleged murder of Akwa Ibom motorist
- Davido’s Aide, Obama DMW Buried In Epe, Lagos State (VIDEO)
- Lagos to build N10Bn Aqua, food centres in Badagry, Epe
- Twitter stories: Nigerian man dies in the middle of the road in Lagos after he was allegedly abandoned by the emergency service hours after an SOS call was put through
- Twitter stories: Nigerian man dies in the middle of the road in Lagos after he was allegedly abandoned by emergency service hours after an SOS call was put through
- DOWNLOAD: Cuppy – Epe ft Efya
- COAS inaugurates Nigerian Army Barracks in Epe
- OSINOWO: Succession pendulum swings towards Epe
- US mom found SOS in box of decorations—and exposed China’s re-education camps
- I’m dying, ex-Super Eagles star Eboigbe sends SOS to NFF, Dare
- Ebonyi community sends SoS to IGP over alleged murder, rape