The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a couple for allegedly defrauding unsuspecting victims in a N935million ponzi scheme.
The suspects, Emmanuel and Victoria Jaiyeoba, were arrested at their residence in Ibadan, Oyo State.
They are parents to Adewale Daniel, Marketing Director, Wales Kingdom Capital Limited.
EFCC Head of Media, Wilson Uwujaren in a statement said the suspects, in complicity with their son (still at large), operate the scheme in the guise of forex trading.
Emmanuel, a Director in Wales Kingdom Capital, operates five bank accounts and had received a sum of N18,397,913 before his arrest.
The wife, Victoria, operates six bank accounts through which she received transactions to the tune of N916,607,715.
Uwujaren added that the suspects will soon be charged to court.
EFCC arrests Crime Alert Investment owner Amos Olaniyan for N128m ponzi scam
- EFCC arrests operator of Inks Nation ponzi scheme in Sokoto
- EFCC arrests Crime Alert Investment owner Amos Olaniyan for N128m ponzi scam
- Meet man who duped Nigerians massively with Moneybox (MMM) ponzi scheme
- Indicted ‘Love & Hip Hop’ star accused of running $5M Ponzi scheme
- ‘Love & Hip Hop’: Karlie Redd’s Ex Who Got Charged With Fraud Over Pandemic Loan is Now Accused of Running a Ponzi Scheme
- NAM 1 reacts as UN awards saga is compared to his Menzgold “Ponzi scheme
- Man laments after selling his expensive car to invest in Ponzi scheme
- Comedian Oluwadolarz Arrested by Lagos Police Over His Connection With a Ponzi Scheme Operator
- EFCC arrests lecturers, 28 others for alleged internet fraud, herbalist wanted
- Bernie Madoff, infamous Ponzi schemer, dead at 82