Ogun State Police Command has re-arrested one Obehi Ehis Frank Ogbeh, one of Edo prisoners that escaped during the End SARS agitation.
During the protest last October, correctional facilities in the state were attacked.
The federal government said rampaging youths breached the Custodial Centres in Benin and Oko.
The Ministry of Interior confirmed that about 2,000 inmates broke out.
In a statement on Wednesday, Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said Ogbeh was nabbed after a tip received by policemen at Agbado divisional headquarters.
The informants hinted that a middle-aged man was seen around Angulis area of Agbado, and that his look and conduct were suspicious.
“Acting on the information, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the division, CSP Kehinde Kuranga, detailed detectives to the area, where the man was apprehended,” it read.
On interrogation, the escapee admitted he ran away from the White House prison in Edo.
“He further confessed that he relocated to the Agbado area, in order to avoid being re-arrested,” the police added.
Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun has directed Ogbeh’s transfer to the Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further profiling.
- Ankaful: Prisoner serving 45yr jail term, two others caught in bribery attempt to smuggle wee for inmates
- Prisoner steals fellow inmates identity to escape jail
- From Prisoner to Doctor, lecturer reveals how he bagged doctorate degree in jail
- New York prisoner ran prostitution ring out of jail cell, feds say
- End SARS: 5 years after, police to exhume body of man who died in Ogun SARS custody
- “We Want SARS, Don’t End SARS” Nigerian Parents Clamor (Video)
- If you end SARS it means govt should end EFCC, Naira Marley warns Nigerians
- Leaked DMs show Woodberry’s babe and her friend talking about information the friend received from a prisoner who is in the same prison as Woodberry
- Supreme Court clears way for execution of federal prisoner
- Bronx hospital prisoner pushes cop, briefly escapes when uncuffed to use bathroom