An Ado-Ekiti Customary Court, on Wednesday, dissolved a 31-year-old marriage between one Adedara Francis and his wife, Adedara Oluwakemi.
The DAILY POST reports that both parties had earlier given evidence on November 4, 2020.
The marriage was dissolved on grounds of alleged frequent beatings, insubordination, greediness, selfishness, domestic violence, lack of care for the children as well as assault raised by the husband against the wife.
Francis, 52, a resident of No. 14 Adewumi Oluwole Street in Ado-Ekiti, accused his wife of battery, adding that she was in the habit of always beating him at the slightest opportunity.
He said that his wife refused to submit to him, saying on every little disagreement, she would beat him up.
He said his wife was a violent woman, adding that she would not cook for him or take care of the children.
He added that he has been responsible for taking care of everything in the house, including the children.
According to him, based on the beating he received from his wife, he had been hospitalized twice in the course of their living together.
The father of four alleged dissertations of up to ten years by his wife, adding they were no longer living together.
He also accused his wife of adultery, saying that he was not aware until she travelled for a course, saying anytime he called her, it was a man that picked her call.
He added that there was a time, his wife wanted to send a message to a man but mistakenly sent it on his phone.
The petitioner, therefore, urged the court to dissolve their marriage, their children are Opeyemi(32)f, Abimbola (22) f, Damilola (19) f and Tomiwa (17) m.
But the respondent, Oluwakemi, 51, a resident of No.13 Nova Road in Ado-Ekiti, denied beating her husband.
She said it was her husband that was in the habit of beating her.
She said her husband was a pathological liar and denied adultery alleged by him.
Oluwakemi said the message that was mistakenly sent to him was meant for her patient, being a nurse.
She admitted that she left the house because of the way her husband was beating her on a daily basis.
The respondent said she was not in support of the dissolution because the petitioner remains her husband.
The President of the Court, Mrs Olayinka Akomolede, observed that the marriage was broken down irretrievably, consequently dissolved the marriage.
Akomolede ruled that the custody of Tomiwa is granted to the petitioner, while Abimbola and Damilola can decide where to remain.
She granted access to the respondent to see Tomiwa in his school without any trouble.
- “I’ve never seen 500k in my life” – Lady caught after bragging of paying 500k on billsIn Viral NewsMarch 1, 2021Previous articleMan dragged for demanding respect from new intern who referred his boss by name Credit: Gistreel...[Read more]
- No structure in Nollywood, industry all about money – Swanky JKAIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Ex-housemate of Big Brother Naija, BBNaija season II, Uriel Oputa, has lambasted those mocking Chioma over her undefined relationship with music ...[Read more]
- Nigerian woman surprises husband on his birthday as he wakes up to see PS4, sneakersIn GossipMarch 1, 2021A Nigerian woman identified on Twitter @Queenyetty1_ has revealed how she organised a special surprise for her husband on his birthday. Her hubbie ...[Read more]
- Man dragged for demanding respect from new intern who referred his boss by nameIn Viral NewsMarch 1, 2021A Twitter user has been dragged to filth for cautioning a new intern who referred to his boss by name on the first day on the job. According to a ...[Read more]
- ‘They’ can use the vaccine to ‘eliminate’ you -ASEPA advises Speaker BagbinIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability (ASEPA) Executive Director Mensah Thompson has suggested to Speaker of Parliament Alban ...[Read more]
- NJ law prevents cops from telling parents about kids’ first-time weed bustIn USAMarch 1, 2021New Jersey minors caught with weed or booze won’t have to worry about getting grounded by mom and dad — as a new law legalizing marijuana bars police ...[Read more]
- Appointment of Agric Minister designate Afriyie Akoto blocked for exhibiting arroganceIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Reports from some section of the media indicates that the Appointments Committee have blocked the appointment of some Minister-designates. Among the ...[Read more]
- Mother charged with murder of her five childrenIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021The wife of a pastor in the Adamawa State capital, Yola, has dragged her husband to court over allegations of sleeping with women right inside his ...[Read more]
- Gloves not needed in vaccination – NDC’s Omane Boamah defends public nurses against criticsIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Former Communications Minister Dr. Omane Boamah has jumped to the defense of health officials who injected the President, his Vice, and their ...[Read more]
- Walk Into The Month Flexing And Pressing Necks In These Gorgeous Aso Ebi StylesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Welcome to the month of March our amazing and fabulous KOKOnstas we hope you are excited to take on the new month and the opportunities that it comes ...[Read more]