The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested Williams Michael Ogwezi, also known as Dr. Williams, for parading himself as a staff of the Commission to defraud his victims.
The EFCC revealed that Williams is a member of a syndicate which specializes in forging identity cards of the Commission as well as those of other law enforcement agencies.
The suspect was arrested after the commission received a report from the Nigeria Police Area Command Ajah, Lagos.
Investigation showed that the suspect had defrauded a lady of jewellery valued at ten million Naira before his arrest.
Williams has reportedly confessed to the crime and items recovered from him at the point of arrest include an identity card with the inscription of EFCC, EFCC face masks, three laptops, three mobile phones and two vehicles (Lexus and Hyundai Genesis).
Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr Wilson Uwujaren while confirming his arrest said the suspect will soon be charged to court.
- Fake EFCC job: Hadiza Abubakar arrested for alleged N3m fraud
- “Fake artist deserve fake award” Stonebwoy’s hype woman Ayisha Modi mocks Sarkodie for falling for fake award
- EFCC arraigns petrol station MD, First Bank staff for N900m POS fraud
- EFCC nabs bank staff, accomplices, reveals ATM fraud tactics
- EFCC Caughts Bank Staff, Accomplices, Discloses ATM Fraud Tactics
- Alleged fraud: EFCC arraigns bank staff, others
- Owner of record label ‘CashNation Ent. Ltd’ arrested by the Economic & Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over his alleged involvement in Internet Fraud
- Young girls among 27 arrested as EFCC uncovers Internet Fraud Training Centre in Abuja (photo)
- Tania Omotayo’s Husband And Friend Allegedly Arrested By EFCC For Fraud
- Instagram Celebrity, Bitcoin Lord & 13 Others Arrested By EFCC For Internet Fraud