Five persons have been confirmed dead while four were seriously injured in an auto crash that occurred around Christopher University on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Thursday.
NAN reports that the Divisional Commander, Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Mr. Olusola Ojuoro, who made this known to newsmen in Ota, Ogun, said the accident which involved a truck and a passenger bus occurred at 9.15 a.m.
He said that nine persons, six males, and three females were involved in the accident.
Ojuoro noted that three females and two males lost their lives in the accident.
He further disclosed that the corpses of the victims have been deposited at the Idera Hospital, where the survivors were receiving treatment.
The commander, who said normalcy had returned to the expressway, advised motorists to always exercise patience and desist from wrong overtaking, to avoid unnecessary loss of lives.
He commiserated with the families of the victims and prayed God grants them the fortitude to bear the loss.
One dead, two injured in Lagos-Ibadan expressway accident
- Six die, nine injured in auto crash along Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- One dead, four injured in auto crash on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Four die, 43 injured in auto crash along Oyo-Ogbomoso expressway
- Two die in auto crash along Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Two die in auto crash along Ilesa-Ile-Ife expressway in Osun
- Two dead, eight injured in multiple car crash along Kaduna-Abuja expressway
- Three burnt to death in Lagos -Ibadan expressway auto crash
- Two dead, three injured in auto crash along Ogbomoso in Ilorin
- Four dead in auto crash along Lalan roundabout in Zamfara
- Lagos Fire Service quenching tanker fire along Lagos-Ibadan expressway