The Police Command in Lagos State says it has arrested four police officers who allegedly harassed and extorted N70,000 from a 16-year-old student on Wednesday at NGAB Junction, Isheri Area of Lagos State.
The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, Mr Hakeem Odumosu, made this known in a statement signed on Friday by the Command’s spokesman, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, NAN reports.
The statement said the actions of the officers were counterproductive to the ongoing reform agenda of the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr Mohammed Adamu.
“The pictures of the policemen caught in the acts of unprofessionalism and extortion, have gone viral on social media.
“This attracted the Complaint Response Unit of the Nigeria Police Force, Force Headquarters Abuja, and decided to track the policemen for necessary police action.
“After due interrogation, the policemen confessed to the crime and refunded the money to the student on bond, which forms the key credible evidence in the case,” he said.
“I have ordered the orderly room trial of the inspectors with immediate effect so as to serve as deterrents to other criminally-minded police personnel in the command and beyond,” he said.
Odumosu, however, revealed that the Command would continue its efforts to fight unprofessional acts among police officers in Lagos State.
- EPL: Tuchel slams referee for checking VAR after Hudson-Odoi’s handballIn EPL, SportsFebruary 28, 2021
- Chelsea vs Man Utd: Referee reportedly admits Hudson-Odoi’s handball was ‘penalty’In SportsFebruary 28, 2021
- NYPD seeks ‘person of interest’ in Brooklyn stabbing outside gambling denIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Cops are looking for a “person of interest” in the Friday night stabbing outside a Brooklyn gambling den that left a good Samaritan dead, police ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta, Lacazette reacts to Arsenal 3-1 win against Leicester CityIn EPL, SportsFebruary 28, 2021
- Popular market razed in Edo, shop owners hospitalisedIn Local NewsFebruary 28, 2021Goods worth millions of naira have been destroyed by a fire which razes a section of the Oregbeni market, close to the national headquarter of the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Brendan Rodgers reacts to Leicester City 3-1 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsFebruary 28, 2021Brendan Rodgers has reacted to Leicester City’s 3-1 defeat to Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday. Leicester took the lead early at the King ...[Read more]
- Central Park carriage horse euthanized last year likely had genetic disease: Health Dept.In USAFebruary 28, 2021A carriage horse euthanized after collapsing in Central Park last year likely had a genetic muscular disease — and showed no signs of mistreatment ...[Read more]
- TBoss‘ sister, Goldie blasts Ka3na for trademarking the name, ‘BossLady‘ (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Tboss‘ sister, Goldie in a recent video has blasted and slammed Ka3na for trademarking the name ‘BossLady’. Recall that, Ka3na had previously showed ...[Read more]
- NJ nursing-home boss wanted granny chef to be his S&M master: lawsuitIn USAFebruary 28, 2021A nursing-home boss wanted his new granny chef to make him her whipping boy, new court papers allege. AnnaMarie Ferrara, a 51-year-old grandmother, ...[Read more]
- Nigeria National League gets sponsor, to air live matchesIn SportsFebruary 28, 2021Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has given his verdict on the first penalty call against Wilfred Ndidi in Leicester City 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on ...[Read more]