Mr Tafida was charged on Friday close by three others named Umar Abubakar, Mas’ud Gidado and Aliyu Kangiwa over alleged rape, criminal conspiracy and character defamation, Newzandar reports.
We also learnt that they were also charged with gross indecency, abasement, sale of obscene book and printing or engraving matter known to be defamatory.
Police prosecutor Samuel Sule told the court that a woman named Safiya alleged sometime in 2017 that Tafida lured her daughter, then 16, to Phoenix Guest Inn, on the Eastern Bypass Sokoto and unlawfully had carnal knowledge of her and thereafter, recorded her nudity in an 18- second video clip.
She said the nude video was circulated on social media, which resulted to termination of her daughter’s wedding scheduled for October 2022.
The alleged offences, the prosecution counsel, said contravened sections 60(2), 260, 377, 262, 48, 171, 173 and 379 of the Sokoto State Panel Code.
Magistrate Shu’aibu Ahmad adjourned the case to October 5 to allow the police file the charges properly.
He ordered that the suspects be remanded in the custody of the criminal investigation department of the police.
- Imo Governor, Uzodinma Fires Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants
- JUST IN: Delta cleric arraigned over alleged rape
- Breaking: Governor Makinde Sacks Commissioners, Special Advisers In Oyo
- Cross River State Appoints 190 New Aides, PAs, Special Advisers
- Akwa Ibom Assembly confirms commissioners, special advisers nominees
- Gov. Matawalle swears in 15 new Special Advisers
- Gov. Okowa names two new special advisers
- Fayemi Swears In Eight New Commissioners, Seven Special Advisers
- Two arraigned over alleged conspiracy, rape
- Three Arraigned Over Alleged Murder Of 74-Year-Old Woman