The Kaduna State House of Assembly has suspended three of its members from all activities in the house for a nine month duration for causing disaffection among members and denigrating the office of the deputy speaker.
Five other members were also reprimanded by the Assembly, with a demand for a written and published apology to the assembly in a national daily within a week.
According to reports from the News Agency of Nigeria, the assembly decided the plenary yesterday after the adoption of the report of the committee which investigated the noisy disorderly quarrel that occurred during its sitting on June 11.
The committee which was headed by Shehu Yunusa, had announced the suspension and reprimand of the affected members following the Assembly’s Code of Conduct.
The suspended members include the deputy speaker representing Basawa constituency Mukhtar Isa-Hazo, Nuhu Goroh-Shadalafiya of Kagarko constituency and Yusuf Liman-Dahiru, Kakuri/Makera constituency.
Source; Tale Tela
- Kaduna lawmakers impeach Deputy Speaker, swear in new Deputy Speaker
- Edo factional House of Assembly members impeach speaker and deputy speaker
- Ondo House of drama: Assembly suspends Deputy Speaker, one other
- Ondo House of Assembly suspends deputy speaker , See why
- BREAKING: Kaduna State House Of Assembly Impeaches Deputy Speaker
- Kaduna House of Assembly members fight over mace after impeaching Deputy Speaker (video)
- Kaduna lawmakers fight over mace shortly after House of Assembly’s Deputy Speaker is impeached (Video)
- BREAKING: Ondo Assembly suspends Deputy Speaker, one lawmaker
- Ondo Assembly suspends Deputy Speaker and one lawmaker
- Assembly Suspends Ondo Deputy Speaker