The Benue Police Command says it has arrested a suspect (name withheld) for gang-raping a female teenager along with three others in Obi Local Government Area of the state.
DSP Catherine Anene, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (Newzandar News) in Makurdi.
Anene said that the alleged gang-raping took place on Jan. 24 at Itakpa-Ito, in the local government around 7:30 p.m.
She said that they conspired and raped the teenage girl while on her way back from the river, made videos of the act and posted the same online.
“She was on her way to visit her sister at Itakpa-Ito, and four men intercepted her on the way, dragged her to a room and forcefully had sexual intercourse with her.
“They made a video of their act and shared it on social media for public viewing.
“The victim was rushed to hospital where she received treatment and has been discharged.
“One of the suspects has been arrested and efforts are being made to arrest the other suspects at large.
The command will definitely bring perpetrators of such inhuman acts to book, “he said.
- Kidnapped transporter escapes from abductors in Ilorin
- Hero of the Day: Hospital transporter preaches hope while facing coronavirus deaths
- Transporter arrested with 375 rounds of ammunition in Niger state (photo)
- Generous tipper drops $1K at his favorite Chinatown takeout joints
- Man narrowly escapes death as speeding tipper rams into him in Rivers
- Generous tipper drops $5K at his favorite Chinatown takeout joints
- Herdsman shot dead for kidnapping tipper driver in Ogun
- Edo: Tipper drivers suspend services over alleged stealing of land by community priest
- Tipper crushes blind man to death in Edo
- Kanye West ‘neediest, moodiest and worst tipper’ of celeb bodyguard’s clients