An Ikeja Special Offences Court, on Tuesday, sentenced one Afeez Ogunbowale,a student of Lagos State University, LASU, to 21 years’ imprisonment for raping two fellow students.
The prosecution counsel, Mrs. O.A Bajulaiye-Bishi, told the court that the defendant committed the offences alongside other culprits who are at large, on April 18, 2018, at the Okokomaiko area of Lagos.
“The defendant and his accomplices, while armed with dangerous weapons robbed the two students at their off campus home.
“The suspects also had forceful sexual intercourse with the complainants who also lost their Virginities as a result,” she said.
She also revealed that the offenses contravene Sections 260(1) and 297(2)(a) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Delivering Judgement, Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo sentenced Ogunbowale to 21 years in prison, NAN reports.
“The defendant is hereby sentenced to five years’ imprisonment for conspiracy, 21 years’ imprisonment each for counts of armed robbery and rape.
“The sentences are to run concurrently,” she said.
Ogun police arrest three officers for extorting LASU student of N153,000
- 20-year-old man sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for raping eight-year-old girl in Ogun
- Nigerian man sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in London for raping a woman who mistook his car for taxi
- Man sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for raping 5-year-old girl to death in Bayelsa
- Three final year students in Rivers state expelled for allegedly gang-raping a fellow student
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in Cyprus
- Jide Sanwo-olu announces a reward of 5 million Naira cash and scholarship to the best graduating LASU student and the best Masters student
- Man Sentenced To 7years Imprisonment For Raping & Biting The Clitoris Of An Underage Girl In Ghana
- Teacher sentenced to life imprisonment for raping his pastor’s 10-year-old daughter
- South African shopkeeper sentenced to life imprisonment for raping 5-year-old girl who went to buy biscuits in his store
- 47-Year-Old Man Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Raping 14-Year-Old Stepdaughter In Cross River State.