The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), on Wednesday in Lagos, paraded a 35-year-old man over alleged bunkering of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) worth N1.65 million.
The NSCDC Commandant in the state, Mr Paul Ayeni, while parading the suspect, said he was caught in the Arepo area of Ogun.
NAN reports that Ayeni said the suspect, who hails from Oyo State but resides at No. 41, Ore-Ofe street, Mile 12, Lagos, was caught with 10,000 litres of PMS allegedly siphoned from one of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation’s pipelines in the area.
Ayeni, who put the market price of the stolen PMS at N1.65 million, said people engaging in such illegal acts were only depleting government’s resources.
The commandant berated those engaging in bunkering for the hardship they were causing the Federal Government and Nigerians.
He reiterated the corps’ readiness to continue to live up to its mandate of protecting critical infrastructure in the country.
Ayeni said the NSCDC was ready to expose any illegal activity that could undermine the proper functioning of the state and the country’s critical infrastructure.
He said that the command was in search of other suspects who escaped during the arrest, adding, however, that the one already apprehended would be made to face the wrath of the law.
But, the suspect, in a chat with newsmen, said he was deceived into the illegal act by a butcher.
He said, “I was approached by someone at Kara abattoir, located in Ogun.
- Monarchs demand justice, fairness in creation of new LCDA’sIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some traditional rulers in Ido/Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State have appealed to the Committee superintending over the creation of Local ...[Read more]
- Fulham vs Chelsea: Lampard names player to miss EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Education, health very important to us – Governor Ikpeazu tells MDCNIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Lagos State government on Friday said about 8,043 active COVID-19 cases are currently being managed under the state’s Home-Based Care. Prof. Akin ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: 8,043 active cases under Lagos Home Based Care – AbayomiIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- EPL: Klopp singles out one Man Utd player ahead of Sunday’s clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Spanish Super Cup: Marco Asensio blames opposition for Real Madrid’s defeatIn SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Lagos records 13 new COVID-19 related deathsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021