Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, the sultan of Sokoto has urged Muslims across the country to look out for the new moon of Zulhijja 1441 AH from tomorrow Tuesday 21, July 2020, which is equivalent to 29th day of Zulki’ida 1441 AH.
The new moon of Zulhijja 1441 signifies the Eid-el Kabir Sallah festivity after observance of the Mount Arafat religious right.
In a statement made today by the Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs, Prof. Sambo Wali Junaidu, a call was made for Muslims to report the sighting of the new moon to the nearest district or village head for onward communication to the Sultan. The statement reads;
” Muslims are therefore requested to start looking it for the new moon of Zulhijja1441 AH on Tuesday and report it’s sighting t he nearest district or village head for onward communication to His Eminence, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, the Sultan of Sokoto,”
Source; Tale Tela
- Man caught after paying with fake transfer in an expensive restaurant (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A young man has got himself in a big mess after dining and wining in a big restaurant then paying with a fake bank transfer. It was an unfortunate ...[Read more]
- Transfer: Ozil finally reaches agreement with Arsenal to terminate contractIn SportsJanuary 16, 2021Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has reacted to reports linking the club’s former coach, Avram Grant, with a return to Chelsea. Grant has been linked ...[Read more]
- Arthur Eze’s kinsmen storm Ngige’s office after release from detentionIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Abia sets up mobile court on environmental sanitationIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Sanwo-Olu extends work from home for civil servantsIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Conjoined twins successfully separated at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (Photos)In Gossip, Health, Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A set of conjoined female twins have successfully been separated at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital. The operation which took place on ...[Read more]
- Sweet’N Low magnate, Donald Tober, 89, ‘jumps to his death from the 11th floor of his luxury $10 million NYC apartment after struggling with ‘Parkinson disease’In NewsJanuary 16, 2021Donald Tober, the artificial sweetener magnate who made Sweet’N Low a household name across America has committed suicide at the age of 89. The ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: No plan to engage 4,000 youths – Niger GovernmentIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Street traders at Obikabia and Opobo junctions, Ogbor Hill in Aba, have been given seven days to vacate the streets and move into approved markets in ...[Read more]
- History as “Come Closer” by Wizkid Ft. Drake goes Platinum in CanadaIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Nigerian afrobeat heavyweight, Ayo Balogun better known as Wizkid has become the only Nigerian artiste to go Platinum twice in Canada. The singer ...[Read more]
- “Nothing can break me” – James Brown reacts after Instagram deactivation (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Popular crossdresser, James Brown has addressed the deactivation of his Instagram account following a brawl with Bobrisky. It would be recalled that ...[Read more]