The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has called out the Nigerian government after the Resignation of Manuel Merino following street protests.
Merino resigned after the death of two protesters among the tens of thousands who were protesting against the government in Lima, the capital city.
Police had fired tear gas and shotgun pellets to repel demonstrators who threw objects.
Reacting, the IPOB leader took a swipe at the Nigerian government over its treatment of protesters and response to End SARS protests.
Kanu on his Twitter page wrote: “Peru President Merino resigns following street protests but in Nigeria, following #EndSARS protests, Nigeria president is either persecuting and freezing bank accounts of Nigerian youths or slaughtering them at #Obigbo and Nigerians are seemingly tolerating it. “
Recall that some accounts belonging to End SARS promoters were recently blocked by the central Bank of Nigeria.
About six protesters were recently granted bail by an Abuja court after they were arrested during a protest in Abuja.
This was following the End SARS protest led by Nigerians against police brutality in the country.
- Cuomo says feds ‘not providing’ vaccine funds — despite NY having $7.5M availableIn USADecember 2, 2020WASHINGTON — Trump administration officials were baffled Wednesday when Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the federal government is “not providing” New York ...[Read more]
- Gov Nyesom Wike presents 2021 Budget, Ignores implementation of national minimum wageIn NewsDecember 2, 2020Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, presented the 2021 appropriation bill of over four hundred and forty-eight billion naira on the ...[Read more]
- Schoos to resume soon, Federal Govt Promises Students and ParentsIn EducationDecember 2, 2020Public universities in Nigeria will resume soon after months of strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The federal government ...[Read more]
- PDP, only hope Nigeria needs to survive, unite – Saraki boastsIn Local NewsDecember 2, 2020Bukola Saraki, former Senate President has claimed that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is the only hope Nigeria needs to survive and fully bounce ...[Read more]
- President Muhammadu Buhari to address the House of Representatives on insecurity in NigeriaIn Boko HaramDecember 2, 2020President Muhammadu Buhari will address the House of Representatives on insecurity in Nigeria. The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila made the confirmation ...[Read more]
- NYC’s COVID-19 infection rate nears 5 percentIn USADecember 2, 2020The Big Apple’s coronavirus infection rate continues to surge and has now risen to levels not seen since May, according to city data released ...[Read more]
- Netizens Mock Juliet Ibrahim After Iceberg Slim Flaunted His New GirlfriendIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Social media users have reacted to Juliet Ibrahim’s former boyfriend, Iceberg Slim, flaunted his new girlfriend on social media. Three years ago, the ...[Read more]
- Man slashed in the face in UWS subway stationIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was slashed in the face by a stranger in a Manhattan subway station on Wednesday afternoon, cops said. The 31-year-old was on the platform of ...[Read more]
- Mysterious ‘explosion’ from meteor rattles upstate New YorkIn USADecember 2, 2020A mysterious “explosion” rocked large swaths of Upstate New York on Wednesday, shaking homes, rattling windows — and confusing a lot of people. ...[Read more]
- God will punish any man who pampers his woman while his mother suffers – Duncan MightyIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian star, Duncan Mighty, has unleashed his venom on men who see their girlfriends as their most prized possession. – Advertisement – ...[Read more]