A shocking revelation emerged on the April 5, 2018, Offa bloody bank robbery on Wednesday, when suspects told a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin, how they killed about eleven persons in the robbery operation.
The suspects, Ayoade Akinnibosun, Ibikunle Ogunleye, Adeola Abraham, Azeez Salawu, and Niyi Ogundare, have been on trial since their arrest.
Counsel to the prosecution, Rotimi Jacob, at the resumed hearing of the case on Wednesday, called the seventh witness, one John Nwoke, a police inspector attached to the Police Force Public Relations unit, Abuja.
Nwoke, presented a DVD video to the open court containing the confessional statements of the suspects.
One of the suspects, Ayoade Akinnibosun, said “They shot dead eleven persons who were hauling stones and other missiles at them.”
Akinnibosun narrated how a dismissed police officer, Michael Adikwu, now deceased, sold the robbery idea to him, adding that he in turn conscripted his other four accomplices to the deal.
Akinnibosun, who claimed to be the ring leader in the video, revealed that he owned the two vehicles used in the bloody robbery operation.
He said, “One of the vehicles, a Lexus sport utility vehicle, SUV, was given to me as an empowerment by the then Kwara State governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, as the leader of political liberation movement in Kwara South.
“I came into contact with the dismissed policeman, Adikwu through a revenue collection staff, after meeting with him, I relayed to Ibikunle Ogunleye, who also relayed the same to Adeola Abraham, otherwise known as ‘Adex’.
“Azeez Salawu and Niyi Ogundare, are both mechanics; on the fateful day of April 5, 2018, we, the five of us moved from Oro, Irepodun Local Government Area of the state to Ajasse-Ipo, where we parked the SUV under a tree and we all drove in the Mercedes Benz to Offa.
“At Offa, we parked in front of the Total filling station, where late Adikwu was waiting for us in a black Audi car.
“There was also a Nissan Primera car parked in front of us at the Total filling station where some other people that came with Adikwu were waiting.
“Shortly, thereafter, Adikwu handed over a sack to me containing five AK-47 rifles and as the commander of my gang, I distributed the guns and directed every member to take his position.
“I positioned myself at the roundabout leading to Igosun from Offa.
“After the robbery, Adikwu (the deceased) did not give us a dime, he only promised to call me when it is time to share the loot.
“Then we all hurriedly left the community, on getting to Ijagbo, Oyun LGA, our vehicle stretched to a halt awaiting Adikwu who came and collected the five AK-47 rifles from me.”
Akinnibosun said he got the Lexus car because he used to mobilize people for election in the state and that the car had not gotten a number plate before his arrest, adding that “I was using the sticker of the then Senate President Dr Bukola Saraki as the number plate.
“This is because he was the political leader of the state.”
Ibikunle Ogunleye, on his part, while speaking as the second defendant, revealed that he was traditionally positioned at the First Bank premises in Offa metropolis, before Adikwu dragged him to come along to the Offa police station.
He confessed that he shot two people dead who were trying to escape at the gate of the police station.
Ogunleye said Adikwu and his gang fired many shots at the police station, killing scores of policemen in the operation.
Adikwu, on entering the station, announced that the police relieved him of his job, but, “I have come on a revenge mission, and handed over 10 AK-47 rifles taken from the armoury to me,” adding that “I took them into his Audi car.”
Abraham and Salawu Ogundiran also confessed to have shot five and two persons dead, respectively, to prevent being stoned to death by public members.
The trial judge, Haleemah Salman, adjourned the case till March 15,2021 for continuation of hearing.
- Man castrates self to control his s*xual desiresIn GossipFebruary 26, 2021To curb his insatiable appetite for female flesh, a man has cut off parts of his genitals in Benue State. Terhemen Anongo, popularly called Doc K or ...[Read more]
- Lady shares scary experience with her late mother after she passed onIn Viral NewsFebruary 26, 2021A lady identified as Blessing Unanka has taken to Facebook to share her encounter with her late mother after she passed on. Sharing the experience, ...[Read more]
- VIDEOS: Davido Flies From Atlanta To Los Angeles Just To Have LunchIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Money ain’t sh*t! Hungry Davido had to fly with his private jet from Atlanta to Los Angeles just to have lunch. Davido posted videos of himself with ...[Read more]
- Zamfara Abduction: Over 500 Students Were Kidnapped Not 300 – Teacher ConfirmsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021One of the teachers at the Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, in Talata Mafara Local Government Area of Zamfara State, where it was reported ...[Read more]
- Panic as hoodlums set police station ablaze in ImoIn Local NewsFebruary 26, 2021Hoodlums have razed the Aboh-Mbaise Police Divisional Headquarters in Imo State. DAILY POST gathered that the gunmen attacked the station on Thursday ...[Read more]
- Maxwell Mensah Reacts To Rumours That He’s Threatened To Divorce Nana Ama McbrownIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Maxwell Mensah has dropped a reaction following rumours that he’s threatened to divorce Nana Ama Mcbrown. It’s alleged that Maxwell Mensah has given ...[Read more]
- Heartbreaking photos from burial of Nigerian Airforce officers who lost their lives in Abuja plane crashIn Viral NewsFebruary 26, 2021Tragedy struck on Sunday, 21st February, after seven personnel of the Nigeria Air force died in a plane crash in Abuja. Reports gathered that the ...[Read more]
- Lady shares chat with boyfriend who made her starve herself for 3 days after a misunderstandingIn Viral NewsFebruary 26, 2021A lady has shared her chat with boyfriend who allegedly had a misunderstanding with her and she couldn’t eat for 3 days. According to her, after they ...[Read more]
- Married lady narrates her experience after tracing her husband to a widow’s houseIn Viral NewsFebruary 26, 2021A lady has narrated her story on social media about how she suspected her husband of cheating on her, and traced him to a widow’s house. She wrote; ...[Read more]
- Address the concerns without killing the goose that might lay the golden egg – VP Osinbajo speaks against ban on Cryptocurrency (video)In NewsFebruary 26, 2021Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has called for the regulation of cryptocurrencies in the country instead of the ban placed on it by the Central Bank of ...[Read more]