The Management of Auchi Polytechnic has summoned an emergency meeting over the death of Dr. Shola Eshiobo, the Dean of students’ affairs of the institution.
A Senior Staff of the institution hinted that Dr. Eshiobo was on Sunday morning found dead in his office barely 24 hours after he left home for work.
A source familiar with the incident quoted Eshiobo’s widow as saying that: “he left home on Saturday afternoon that he was going to the office to attend to some official matter. He normally goes to the office when he has so much in his hands to do.
“At about 9 pm when he was not yet back home, the wife started calling his line but there was no response and the call was not returned. She tried until late, still no response.
“Early on Sunday morning, she raised the alarm and told people around that the husband went to the office on Saturday but did not return.
“They went to the office, they saw his vehicle at the car park but when they got to his office, they saw him dead in his office.”
The spokesman of Auchi Polytechnic, Mr. Mustapha Oshiobugie, confirmed the incident and described it as unfortunate.
He assured that an autopsy would be conducted on the deceased to ascertain the cause of his death.
He said “We heard about the unfortunate incident this morning (Sunday) and we quickly contacted the CSO on the development and the body has been taken to the morgue.
”We cannot say much for now but I believe a post moterm will reveal cause of death.”
“We heard about the unfortunate incident this morning (Sunday) and we quickly contacted the CSO on the development and the body has been taken to the morgue.
”We cannot say much for now but I believe a post mortem will reveal cause of death”, he said.
The Dean’s death has thrown the Polytechnic Community in Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State into mourning.
- Inside Natasha Thahane’s Housewarming Dinner (Photos)In South AfricaMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Sharing some moments from the special occasion, Thahane shared the scripture Joshua 24:15 from the Bible. “And if it seem evil unto you ...[Read more]
- MTA says de Blasio’s ‘irresponsible’ subway cop math doesn’t add upIn USAMay 18, 2021MTA leaders are calling into question Mayor de Blasio’s commitment to put more cops on the subway — accusing Hizzoner of misleading them and the ...[Read more]
- If I’m Owing You, Forgive Me Jesus Has Paid – Teni To Those She OwesIn Nigeria NewsMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Teniola Apata better known as Teni the entertainer has asked those she’s owing some money to forgive her because Jesus has paid for her ...[Read more]
- New Dutch exhibition takes unflinching look at slaveryIn LifestyleMay 18, 2021AMSTERDAM — The delicacy of one of the first objects in new exhibition at Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum belies its brutality. At the end of a thin iron rod ...[Read more]
- EPL: Michael Owen advises Harry Kane amid interest from Chelsea, Man United, Man CityIn SportsMay 18, 2021Michael Owen, former Liverpool player, has advised Tottenham Hotspur striker, Harry Kane, that it’s ‘now or never’ for him to leave the club this ...[Read more]
- De Blasio can’t say whether he’d vote for a Republican over Gov. CuomoIn USAMay 18, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio took the fifth Tuesday when asked whether he’d choose one of the GOP candidates running for governor over voting to re-electing ...[Read more]
- I’m The Rich Mnisi Of The Kitchen – Somizi BragsIn South AfricaMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Taking to his social media account, the star told his fans that he just got booked for his first gig as a private chef and the food ...[Read more]
- Strippers are back on the job but COVID rules are hurting their payIn LifestyleMay 18, 2021When California stripper Brittney, 26, walked into San Francisco’s reopened Gold Club stripping venue again in April after a year, she was confronted ...[Read more]
- 10 suspected rail line vandals, 7 illegal miners paraded in BenueIn Local NewsMay 18, 2021The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Benue Command, on Tuesday, paraded 10 persons over alleged vandalism of rail lines at Udei in ...[Read more]
- Eating junk food for a month took 10 years off my life: doctorIn LifestyleMay 18, 2021A British physician who used his body as a test subject claims that one month on a junk food diet has shaved 10 years off his life. For four grueling ...[Read more]