The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) Akwa Ibom Command has arrested two suspects with over 3,000 litres of suspected adulterated Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) hidden in a truck laden with yoghurt drinks.
The State Commandant, Mr Samuel Fadeyi, who disclosed this while briefing newsmen at the Command’s exhibits yard in Uyo on Wednesday said the suspects claimed they were coming from Ahoada, Rivers State and were nabbed on Friday, April 23, by patrol team on surveillance in Itu Local Government Area of the State.
He said, “now look at this, this vehicle was intercepted by our men around Itu and ordinarily it is conveying yoghurt, but it is used to conceal AGO, taken from an illegal refinery at Ahoada in Rivers State.
“They have succeeded to a point, deceived security operatives on the way until they got to Itu LGA, kudos to our men, they were able to get through their deceit and were able to discover that the yoghurts were used to conceal illegal Diesel (AGO)
“Apart from the fact that it is illegal in itself to illegally refine petroleum products, which is dangerous, look at the yoghurt that is for consumption, it is already contaminated and would have been exposed to the public for consumption.
“Two suspects were arrested on Friday concerning this and as you have seen, you have seen the AGO, you have seen how they concealed it.”
Fadeyi urged everyone to be vigilant on activities of criminal elements around them with the level of insecurity in the country, adding that the yoghurt would be destroyed as it was no more safe for consumption.
The state commandant added that all the two suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigations are completed.
- Greenfield students: Abductors threaten to kill remaining students in next 24 hours
- We planned to attack abductors of Kaduna Forestry students even if it meant killing the students – Governor El-Rufai
- Abductors of Kaduna Baptist students’ reject nine bags of rice offered by school
- Weâll starve Kagara students to death â Abductors say
- Abductors of Kaduna students release video of them in captivity, demand N500m ransom
- Kidnapped Greenfield students: Abductors demand N800 million
- Cross River: Anti-kidnapping squad arrest three suspected abductors, rescue victim
- Ebonyi police rescues 26 abducted children from abductors
- Police arrest two students for threatening to kidnap principal, students
- Police arrest female human trafficker in Ogun, rescue girls