The Special Task Force, Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) in Plateau and parts of Kaduna and Bauchi States, has rescued a kidnapped victim.
The victim, Mr Kelvin Eze, is a student of King’s College, Gana Ropp, Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau, who was kidnapped on April 29.
Maj. Ibrahim Shittu, the Media Officer of the taskforce, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Jos.
He added that the victim was rescued by the soldiers on May 1, at about 8:35 pm.
Recall that gunmen invaded the college in the early hours of Thursday, April 29, and abducted one of the students.
Shittu, who didn’t disclose where the victim was rescued, said he was rescued unhurt and without ransom.
He explained that the feat was achieved via intense and sustained search and rescue operations carried out by the troops.
“Our troops on Saturday, May 1, at about 08:35 pm rescued Mr Kelvin Eze, the student of King’s College, Gana Ropp in Barkin-Ladi, who was kidnapped by bandits on April 29.
“This was achieved through the sustained search and rescue operation by the troops, and without payment of ransom, the student was rescued.
“The rescued student who is hale and hearty has since been reunited with other students in the college.
“The timely intervention of security personnel forced the bandits to abandon the other abductees as well,” he said.
Shittu assured that OPSH would continue to work to ensure the safety of lives and property and towards entrenching lasting peace across its joint areas of operation.
The media officer further called on the residents of the state to support and cooperate with the task force by providing useful information that would stem the tide of insecurity in the State.
- Governor Bala Says FG Can’t Revive Nigeria’s EconomyIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has stated that the Federal Government has no clue on how to balance the nation economically. As ...[Read more]
- Feds green light four new Metro-North stations in the BronxIn USAMay 13, 2021The feds have given the green light for the MTA’s plan to build four new Penn Station-bound Metro-North rail stations in the Bronx, Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...[Read more]
- Reality Star, Ifu Ennada Wrestles Assistant ‘Jesus’ Who Dragged Her For Showing Off Her CleavagesIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Reality TV star, Iheme Faith Uloma popularly known as Ifu Ennada has lampooned a fan who chided her after she showed her cleavages in ...[Read more]
- New NYC mayoral poll shows Eric Adams leading Andrew Yang ahead of first debateIn USAMay 13, 2021A new survey shows Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams once again emerging as the favorite of likely Democratic voters for the June 22 primary, ...[Read more]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]