The Police on Wednesday arraigned Owede Bruno, the owner of Club Victoria in Lagos.
He appeared before an Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court for flouting COVID-19 rules.
The defendant faces a four-count charge bordering on harmful act and disobedience, disobeying government order concerning COVID-19 and conduct likely to cause breach of the peace.
Bruno, 42, pleaded “not guilty” when the charges were read to him.
The Prosecutor, DSP A. A. Adegoke, told the court that the defendant committed the offences on January 9.
Adegoke alleged that Bruno flouted COVID-19 rules by organising night Disco, where a large number of people were in attendance.
The police officer said the crowd did not maintain social distancing and were without their face masks.
The offences contravened Sections 123, 166, 168 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs O.G. Oghre, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N2 million with two sureties in like sum.
They must be gainfully employed and show proof of tax payment to the state government for the last three years.
One of them must be Bruno’s blood relation, and have landed property within the court’s jurisdiction.
The defendant must take a COVID-19 test and present before the court within seven days.
Oghre adjourned the case until March 16 for mention.
- Real Madrid manager, Zidane tests positive for COVID-19In COVID-19, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has wished Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, the best over the Blues’ current struggles. Arteta insisted that he is taking ...[Read more]
- Sheikh Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenah may have contracted COVID-19, may die in prison – Shi’itesIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, otherwise known as Shi’ites, has lamented the continued incarceration of its leader, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky ...[Read more]
- “Don’t be offended when people you know don’t support your business” – Kiki OsinbajoIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Beauty entreprenuer, Kiki Osinbajo has advised people not to take offence when friends don’t support their business. The Vice President’s ...[Read more]
- Kaduna government sacks 65 âillegally recruited teachersâIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Kaduna state government has confirmed the sack of 65 teachers who were “illegally” recruited. Kaduna State Universal Basic ...[Read more]
- Nigerian irregular migrants in Saudi Arabia to be evacuated on January 28 and 29 – Abike Dabiri-ErewaIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission NIDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, says Nigerian irregular migrants in Saudi Arabia, will be evacuated ...[Read more]
- Arsenal signs Mat Ryan ahead of FA Cup clash with SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 22, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has wished Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, the best over the Blues’ current struggles. Arteta insisted that he is taking ...[Read more]
- “My only girlfriend who has my mumu button” – Peter Okoye celebrates daughter’s birthdayIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 22, 2021Popular singer, Peter Okoye aka Mr. P is celebrating the 8th birthday of his daughter, Aliona Amarachi Okoye today 22 January 2021. According to the ...[Read more]
- In the middle of the pandemic, Nigerian Government has its citizens queuing up to get their NIN numbers – Banky WIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Singer, Banky W has lashed out at the Nigerian government for making citizens queue up to get the National Identification Number (NIN) in the ...[Read more]
- Biafra: Why South East is agitating for Nigeria’s breakup – Afenifere’s Ayo AdebanjoIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State, the home state of the late former Inspector General of Police (IGP) Gambo Jimeta, has expressed grief over ...[Read more]
- El-Zakzaky: Zeena Ibraheem, Wife of Shi’ites Leader Tests Positive For COVID-19 In DetentionIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021Zeena Ibraheem, the wife of the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, has contracted COVID-19 in prison at a ...[Read more]