Security operatives, on Tuesday, conducted further air missions over locations in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area, even as they rescued a minor from bandits in Igabi Local Government Area.
This was confirmed by the Kaduna State government on Tuesday.
Confirming the rescue of the minor, the state Commissioner for Internal security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan explained that, “in continuation of offensives over identified bandit hideouts, air platforms on Tuesday conducted armed missions over locations in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area.
“According to operational feedback to the Kaduna State Government, armed reconnaissance was carried out over Gayam, Gagafada, Gwaska, Goron Dutse and environs.
“Bandits on motorcycles were sighted at Gayam, and were neutralized by the fighter jet crew after a short delay due to visibility.”
The statement further said, “A suspected bandit settlement was sighted just southeast of Goron Dutse, which was subjected to further scans. All other areas were calm with no threats observed.
“Governor Nasir El-Rufai expressed satisfaction at the latest operational feedback, and commended the Military for the highly pro-active missions.”
“In a separate development, security agencies informed the Kaduna State Government that a minor was rescued from kidnappers around Mando, Igabi Local Government Areas.
“In response to a distress call from the victims’ parents, the Divisional Police Officer, Rigasa, and the army officer in charge of the general area mobilized to the location, and evacuated the child.
“The victim has been reunited with his parents.
“Governor El-Rufai expressed his elation at the news, and commended the lead officers for their prompt response and exemplary dedication to duty.
“The Governor has directed the Ministry to issue a special commendation to the officers in light of the rescue,” the statement added.
- China sanctions Mike Pompeo, 27 other Trump officialsIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The primary school teachers demoted in 2016 by the Cross River State Universal Basic Education Board (CR-SU EB) have protested non-payment of their ...[Read more]
- AOC joins Teamsters picket line in the BronxIn USAJanuary 21, 2021New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez joined a picket line in the Bronx on Wednesday to support food and manufacturing workers. The congresswoman ...[Read more]
- Judge orders NY county to review ballots in US’ last undecided congressional raceIn USAJanuary 21, 2021A New York Supreme Court judge on Wednesday ordered a review of more than 1,000 affidavit ballots in an upstate county with the nation’s last ...[Read more]
- NYPD rescues dog from freezing Jamaica Bay waterIn USAJanuary 21, 2021It was ruff day for this pup. The NYPD Harbor Unit rescued a dog struggling to stay above water in Jamaica Bay Wednesday morning. Officers were ...[Read more]
- UK Records 1820 COVID-19 Death – The Highest In A Single DayIn WorldJanuary 21, 2021Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England and Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government, Sir Patrick ...[Read more]
- This Is Why Michelle Obama And Joe Biden’s Grandchildren Are Melting Everyone’s Heart On Social MediaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Former first lady Michelle Obama has warmly greeted members of Joe Biden’s family – hugging his grandchildren as she stepped onto the inaugural ...[Read more]
- “Many Of Your Friends Are Miserable Today Because They Married Quick” – Reno Omokri Warn SinglesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021
- Sanitizer in chief: Twitter loves the inauguration’s mystery podium cleanerIn LifestyleJanuary 21, 2021Forget Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and, heck, even Lady Gaga — the true star of the inauguration was the bespectacled man of mystery who wiped down the ...[Read more]
- ‘I Don’t Believe In House Helps’ – BBNaija’s Uriel Oputa Lament Doing Everything HerselfIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021
- KOKOnista Of The Day: Amanda Gorman Is The Young Poet Laureate Inspiring With Her Work On Race, Feminism And African DiasporaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Her art and activism focus on issues of oppression, feminism, race, and marginalisation, as well as the African diaspora. She read her poem “The ...[Read more]