The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum (SMBLF), on Sunday, thrashed President Muhammadu Buhari over his hard position on restructuring in spite of clarion calls from famous Nigerians that it is the best way to spare Nigeria from separating.
In an announcement seen by Newzandar News, marked by representatives of the forum, Yinka Odumakin (South West), Guy Ikokwu (South East), Bassey Henshaw (South-South) and Dr. Isuwa Dogo (Middle Belt), said President Buhari must rebuild now and pull back from what they portrayed as the way of collapse cautioned by loyalists at home and abroad.
“The attention of Southern and Middle Belt Leaders has been drawn to the very uncouth and rude warning issued by Garba Shehu against patriotic organizations and responsible individuals like the respected Pastor E A Adeboye that this government should restructure the country to avert a break – up”.
“Sounding like spokesman of Pharaoh in Ancient Egypt, Garba dismissed the recurring agitations as unpatriotic outbursts”.
”The Presidency responds to the recurring threats to the corporate existence of the country with factions giving specific timelines for the President to do one thing or another or else, in their language, “the nation will break up.”
”This is to warn that such unpatriotic outbursts are unhelpful and unwarranted as this government will not succumb to threats and take any decision out of pressure at a time when the nation’s full attention is needed to deal with the security challenges facing it at a time of the Covid-19 health crisis.”
“Repeat: this administration will not take any decision against the interests of 200 million Nigerians, who are the President’s first responsibility under the constitution, out of fear or threats especially in this hour of health crisis” .
SMBLF said it is worrisome that rather than giving Nigerians assurances that it is committed to rebuilding the country, the Presidency is using uncouth languages against well-meaning patriots who are worried about the fate of the country.
“We are perturbed that instead of giving assurances about rebuilding the country towards inclusivity, the regime is talking down on Nigeria in very intemperate language”.
“We want to make it clear to the regime that it cannot cow us by using cantonment approach to national issues. We will not accept turning us to second class citizens on our land not even with threats of arrests or assassinations”.
“Should we be clapping for the government and not talk when the Customs appoints 8 Deputy Comptrollers from a section of the country?
Are we expected to be saying well done when DSS recruits 535 cadets from
Northwest and North East and only 93 from the entire South and Noth Central?”
“Are we to keep quiet when the law setting up PENCOM was clear on succession at Directors level, you go and bring somebody from North East to replace a South East eased out DG?
If Garba Shehu is not lexically challenged, he should know that those calling for restructuring are more patriotic than those running Nigeria towards implosion , Patriotism is to corporate Nigeria for all and not the sectional idea of Nigeria by the nepotists”.
“We will not succumb to their narrow idea of Nigeria fully assured that this too shall come to pass. Therefore, let us restructure now and withdraw from the path of implosion forewarned by patriots at home and abroad” .
- INEC Announces November 6 For Anambra Governorship ElectionsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed November 6, 2021, for the Anambra governorship election. Festus Okoye, chairman of ...[Read more]
- Buhari Will Be Remembered Like Trump –FayoseIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Former Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose, says President Muhammadu Buhari will be remembered like outgoing US President Donald Trump. He said ...[Read more]
- You Can’t Produce Anointing Oil Yet You Want To Produce A World Class Vaccine – Daddy Freeze Mocks Nigeria’s Move To Produce COVID-19 VaccineIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Media personality Daddy Freeze has mocked Nigeria’s decision to produce its own COVID-19 vaccine to battle the novel coronavirus. The OAP took to his ...[Read more]
- FIRS Generates ₦4.9trn, Meets 98% Of 2020 TargetIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021The Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS has announced a revenue collection for ₦4.9 trillion for the year 2020 target. The figure represents ...[Read more]
- NYC DOE throws parents into tailspin after posting wrong exam informationIn USAJanuary 19, 2021The Department of Education threw some parents into a tailspin this weekend when it posted erroneous registration deadlines for the city’s ...[Read more]
- Napaga, Ambassador Hassan Ahmed missing from Akufo-Addo’s ‘kitchen cabinet’In Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Names of some prominent presidential staffers including Clara Napaga Tia Sulemana’s name have been missing in the latest list of administrative ...[Read more]
- Lagos orders doctors to handle malaria symptoms like coronavirusIn coronavirus, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, on Tuesday, approved the payment of the sum of N8 billion to Osun State Government as an asset sharing agreement ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Diane Russet Shaves Her headIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Reality TV star, Diane Russet has taken her fans and followers by surprise as she showed up with her head completely shaved. Could this be a new ...[Read more]
- Teenage girl allegedly burn man aliveIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021There was fear and anxiety in Igarra, Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State over the murder of a young man identified as Ajitwewunmeshe Emmah, ...[Read more]
- Senate Leader McConnell: Donald Trump Provoked And Lied To Mob That Attacked CapitolIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021