The Kaduna State Police Command has arrested four suspects, who allegedly kidnapped and murdered a six-year-old child.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Muhammad Jalige confirmed this at a press briefing on Monday in Kaduna.
Jalige said that the suspects would be charged to court for criminal conspiracy, kidnapping and culpable homicide.
The boy was abducted by a neighbour in Badarawa area of Kaduna, taken to Kano and murdered after the abductors had collected N1 million ransom.
Jalige said that the police had undertaken diligent investigation of the case, which led to the arrest of the four suspects.
He explained that the investigation began on April 29, when the boy’s father reported the matter to the Commissioner of Police.
The police spokesman explained that the complainant, Alhaji Kabiru Magayaki, reported that his son, Mohammed Kabiru was abducted on April 24, and that the abductors demanded for N30 million as ransom.
According to him, the father said that they agreed for the sum of N1 million which the family paid, but the kidnappers refused to release the boy after collecting the money.
He said that SIB operatives immediately went into full scale investigation and succeeded in arresting the four suspects.
“The arrest equally led to the recovery of the sum of N840, 000.00 being part of the ransom the suspects collected at a location in Zaria.”
Jalige said further investigation revealed that the person who criminally orchestrated the whole abduction saga is a neighbour to the complainant.
“That makes it easier for him to lure the innocent child by sending him on an errand to a location where one of the suspects was already on ground awaiting to kidnap him to an unknown destination.”
Jalige disclosed that the boy was killed because one of the suspects had feared that the boy would reveal his identity after regaining freedom.
“They decided to strangle him to death and concealed the body in a drainage system in the outskirts of Kano Municipal, Kano State.
“The suspects, having confessed to the commission of the dastardly act, led the Police to where the decomposing body of the victim was identified and evacuated to the Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital, Kano for autopsy.
He urged parents and guardians to be more security conscious and monitor the movement of their children.
Jalige said that this was necessary to protect the children from, “criminals lurking around their vicinity, waiting to take advantage of familiarization to perpetrate evil, such as this case at hand.”
- Queens man accused of killing, sexually abusing his 65-year-old motherIn USAMay 10, 2021A Queens man was charged Sunday with fatally beating and sexually abusing his 65-year-old mother, prosecutors said. Pushkar Sharma, 28, allegedly ...[Read more]
- Iniubong Was A Good Girl, She Promised To Start Work And Make Me Proud – Aggrieved Mother SpeaksIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The foster mother of 26 year old Iniubong Umoren, Mrs. Ime Ekpo has expressed her sadness to Sunday Vanguard. Recall that Ms Umoren was ...[Read more]
- Madness Going On In Some Parts Of The Country – BuhariIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigeria’s President Buhari has taken the opportunity to condole with all those who lost family members in what he termed the “madness” ...[Read more]
- ‘Never Marry A Mummy’s Boy’ – Counselor Adofoli To LadiesIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Ghanaian counselor, Counselor Frank Adofoli has advised ladies against marrying a mummy’s boy. The renowned counselor made this known ...[Read more]
- Blessing Okoro Speaks About Who A Wife Material Really IsIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian relationship coach, Blessing Okoro has spoken about who a wife material really is. The controversial personality made this ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels Captured In Some Lovely Photos With Tonto Dikeh & Other Nollywood StarsIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Young Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels has been captured in some lovely photos she shared on her Instagram handle. She was captured in ...[Read more]
- Davido’s Lawyer, Bobo Ajudua Celebrates Davido For Being In The Music Game For Ten YearsIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The personal lawyer for Nigerian musician, Davido, Prince Bobo Ajudua has celebrated the musician for being in the music game for ten ...[Read more]
- Sam Allardyce reacts to being relegated from Premier LeagueIn Premier League, SportsMay 9, 2021West Brom manager, Sam Allardyce, has reacted after he suffered relegation from the Premier League for the first time in his managerial career. The ...[Read more]
- Davido Celebrates 10 Years Of Being At The Top In The Music GameIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian musician, David Adeleke who is known as Davido is celebrating ten years of being in the music game. The award-winning musician ...[Read more]
- Ex-NYS Senate leader Malcolm Smith also released early from prisonIn USAMay 9, 2021Former state Senate Majority Leader Malcolm Smith was quietly sprung early from prison last year — and is being allowed to complete the remainder of ...[Read more]