About four persons have been confirmed killed and many others injured by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Matyei village in Zangon Kataf local government area of Kaduna State in the early hours of Tuesday.
The attack by suspected Fulani herdsmen appeared to be a continuation of an earlier attack on Atyapland in Zangon Kataf.
Report reaching DAILY POST said about four villages were simultaneously invaded by the armed gunmen last night and lasted up to the early hours of Tuesday.
A source who sought for anonymity said in Abuyab village, almost all the houses were completely razed down with only few houses standing while foodstuffs were also not spared.
A house belonging to DAILY POST Correspondent was also completely razed down.
According to the source, “The armed gunmen came in their large numbers with sophisticated weapons.
“The story is the same in Matyei, Runji and Magamiya villages that were all attacked last night. One may be tempted to say the invasion of these villages was well planned and executed without any strong opposition to repel the armed gunmen.
“We are yet to ascertain the number of lives lost or injured and the number of houses destroyed.
“As l am talking to you at the moment, no security personnel has come to our village.”
He explained that the bridge from Zangon Kataf to Abuyab village was completely destroyed by the gunmen.
Calls made to the State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige could not go through for confirmation of the incidents.
Kaduna confirms killings in 3 LGAs, as 5 youths disappear
- Herdsmen attack Zamfara communities, kill 15, injure many others
- BREAKING: Herdsmen attack Makurdi, kill 4, injure many
- Again, suspected herdsmen invade Benue Community, kill 11 residents, injure scores
- Again, suspected Fulani herdsmen kill nine, injure others in Southern Kaduna
- Armed bandits kill 7, raze many houses in fresh Kaduna attacks
- Akwa Ibom: Suspected herdsmen attack brothers, hack one to death, injure another
- BREAKING: Police Kill Two, Injure Many Others During Illegal Raid On Oyo Community
- One die as protesting youths raze police station and immigration post in Katsina
- Enraged Imo communities raze houses of suspected serial killers
- Armed bandit invade Zamfara market, kill one, raze stalls