The Kaduna State Police Command has arrested four suspects, who allegedly kidnapped and murdered a six-year-old child.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Muhammad Jalige confirmed this at a press briefing on Monday in Kaduna.
Jalige said that the suspects would be charged to court for criminal conspiracy, kidnapping and culpable homicide.
The boy was abducted by a neighbour in Badarawa area of Kaduna, taken to Kano and murdered after the abductors had collected N1 million ransom.
Jalige said that the police had undertaken diligent investigation of the case, which led to the arrest of the four suspects.
He explained that the investigation began on April 29, when the boy’s father reported the matter to the Commissioner of Police.
The police spokesman explained that the complainant, Alhaji Kabiru Magayaki, reported that his son, Mohammed Kabiru was abducted on April 24, and that the abductors demanded for N30 million as ransom.
According to him, the father said that they agreed for the sum of N1 million which the family paid, but the kidnappers refused to release the boy after collecting the money.
He said that SIB operatives immediately went into full scale investigation and succeeded in arresting the four suspects.
“The arrest equally led to the recovery of the sum of N840, 000.00 being part of the ransom the suspects collected at a location in Zaria.”
Jalige said further investigation revealed that the person who criminally orchestrated the whole abduction saga is a neighbour to the complainant.
“That makes it easier for him to lure the innocent child by sending him on an errand to a location where one of the suspects was already on ground awaiting to kidnap him to an unknown destination.”
Jalige disclosed that the boy was killed because one of the suspects had feared that the boy would reveal his identity after regaining freedom.
“They decided to strangle him to death and concealed the body in a drainage system in the outskirts of Kano Municipal, Kano State.
“The suspects, having confessed to the commission of the dastardly act, led the Police to where the decomposing body of the victim was identified and evacuated to the Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital, Kano for autopsy.
He urged parents and guardians to be more security conscious and monitor the movement of their children.
Jalige said that this was necessary to protect the children from, “criminals lurking around their vicinity, waiting to take advantage of familiarization to perpetrate evil, such as this case at hand.”
- Bayelsa Councillor rejects fundraising after she built bridge with funds meant for her official carIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021A Bayelsa State councillor, Onem Miracle Tyna, has rejected offers of a GoFundMe or any other fundraising campaign planned on her behalf by members ...[Read more]
- Villagers stunned to find giant frog as big as ‘a human baby’In LifestyleMay 10, 2021Frogzilla! Solomon Islands villagers were flabbergasted after encountering a frog as big “as a human baby” during a hunting expedition, the ...[Read more]
- I’m Still Your Crush, Don’t Try To Play Me – Olakunle Churchill ClaimsIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Newly married Olakunle Churchill has come through with some shades saying he knows he’s someone’s crush asking the person not to try ...[Read more]
- Biafra, Oduduwa: Hypocrite, Nigeria must break up – Pastor Giwa replies T.B JoshuaIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021The Senior Pastor of the Awaiting the Second Coming of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa, has responded to T.B Joshua’s declaration that Nigeria will not ...[Read more]
- UK Army tests suit that can make their soldiers fly in the air (Video)In Viral News, World NewsMay 10, 2021The British Royal Navy and Royal Marines may soon be using a kit that would give their officers an aerial advantage during operations. According to ...[Read more]
- Paris court tries anti-racism activist for statue attackIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021PARIS — A French activist for Black rights went on trial in Paris on Monday for defacing a statue of a historical figure from France’s colonial, ...[Read more]
- Elevator packed with law enforcement officers collapses in BrooklynIn USAMay 10, 2021An elevator collapsed in a Brooklyn building Monday morning with about two dozen members of federal and local law enforcement agencies inside, ...[Read more]
- Women’s FA Cup Round of 32 draw heldIn GhanaMay 10, 2021Advertisement The draw for the round of 32 of the 2020/21 Women’s FA Cup season took place on Monday, May 10, 2021. The Teams were grouped into five ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up watching this Extra gum commercial?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021 is giving cooped up ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up at this ad for gum?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic is giving cooped up viewers ...[Read more]