Ten persons have been confirmed dead in an accident on Saturday in Azare, Katagum Local Government Area, Bauchi State.
Mr Yusuf Abdullahi, Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Bauchi State, who disclosed this in an interview with newsmen said the accident which occurred at about 2:30 pm also left 12 others with serious injuries.
He explained that the accident happened when a motorcycle conveying four passengers rammed into an incoming Toyota Hiace hummer bus, belonging to Gombe line express.
According to him, the passengers on the motorcycle lost their lives instantly.
Abdullahi said six people also lost their lives in the bus and that their corpses had been taken to the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Azare.
He said those injured were taken to New Jama’are Clinic in Azare for treatment.
“Out of the 12 people that were injured, we have six male adults, three female adults, one male child and two female children,” he said.
He further advised that drivers endeavour to install the device to curtail the accidents that take place on the roads.
- 1 dead, 4 injured in Bauchi lone auto crash
- Two die, 2 others injured in Bauchi auto crash
- Two die, others injured in Bauchi fatal auto crash
- Five dead, four injured in auto crash along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Two dead, five injured in Ogun auto crash
- 2 soldiers dead, others injured in auto crash
- Two dead, seven injured in Ogun auto crash
- Auto crash: Three feared dead, one seriously injured in Delta
- Two dead, three injured in auto crash along Ogbomoso in Ilorin
- Two dead, six injured in Ogun auto crash