The police command in Bauchi State has arrested a suspected ritualist over the killing of a child.
They also recovered 26 pairs of children’s clothing in the suspect’s house in Ganjuwa Local Government Area (LGA) of the State.
This is contained in a statement, signed by SP Ahmed Wakili, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), which was made available to newsmen in Bauchi on Sunday.
According to the statement, the 28-year-old suspect, Rufa’i Yunusa, who hailed from Rumbu Village in Ningi LGA, was allegedly involved in the killing of not less than four children.
The police spokesman revealed that Yunusa’s arrest was sequel to a complaint lodged at the Ganjuwa Division of the State Command on February 17 by one Isyaku Ahmed who reported that on Tuesday 16 February, 2021, that Yunusa took his daughter, Maimuna, to a traditional Native Doctor for traditional treatment.
Yunusa told the father that his daughter was suffering from a spiritual ailment and assured him that she would be cured.
He collected N10,000 from the father and took the little girl into the forest, purportedly for a spiritual healing session.
However, after a while, he returned to inform the father that the little girl had mysteriously disappeared during the process.
“On receipt of the report, the Ganjuwa Divisional Patrol team swung into action, combed the entire forest and found the slaughtered body of Maimuna. She was immediately rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead by a Medical Doctor.
“The ritualist (Rufa’i Yunusa) has since been arrested in connection with the crime and during interrogation he voluntarily confessed to have slaughtered Maimuna.
“He further revealed that she was not his only victim and claimed to have been carrying out the act with parental consent by tacitly informing them that the children may not return during healing sessions.
“A knife and 26 pairs of children’s clothing were recovered as exhibits during the operation. Investigations are on-going after which the suspects will be charged to court for prosecution and possible conviction,” said the PPRO.
Wakili cautioned parents to be wary of whom they took their children for any form of healing, urging them to always follow the proper channels in seeking remedies for their sick children.
“There abound many wolves in sheep’s clothing,” he warned.
- Cynthia Morgan Replies Fan Who Described Her As A GeniusIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian-born songwriter and singer Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan well known as Cynthia Morgan has corrected a fan who described her as a ...[Read more]
- JAMB scraps use of email for UTME registration, othersIn Education, Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says the use of email would no longer be required for the processing of registration for the ...[Read more]
- Suspect Arrested After Remains Of High School Student Was Recovered From A Stream A Day To Her Final ExamsIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A man linked to the death of a High School Student, Brenda Ankunda has been arrested by the men of the Rukungiri Police, Ug anda. ...[Read more]
- Man Arrested For Stabbing Chief Imam For Having Sekz With His Second WifeIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Umar Jibril, popularly known as Ba’adama has been arrested by the police in Niger State for allegedly stabbing the chief Imam of ...[Read more]
- Obaseki lied – FG denies printing N60 billion for statesIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021The federal government has denied claims by Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki that N60 billion was printed in March to support allocation to states. ...[Read more]
- I Don’t Believe In Islam, Jesus Christ Is The Only Way – Reno Omokri SaysIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian award-winning author and former aide to Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has said that he does not believe in the Islamic ...[Read more]
- “If you leave your relationship due to cheating, then you have no business with marriage” – Uti NwachukwuIn Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021Popular actor and winner of the Big Brother Africa season 5, Uti Nwachukwu has issued out some invaluable advice as regards sustaining relationship ...[Read more]
- Malta will pay travelers to book hotel stays to make up for COVID-19 lossesIn LifestyleApril 14, 2021This Mediterranean island is paying travelers to vacation. Malta, the island in the Mediterranean Sea just south of Sicily, will pay ...[Read more]
- Tacha Akide celebrates birthday of rumoured daughter as she clocks 3 (Video)In Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021Popular reality star, Natacha ‘Tacha‘ Akide marks the birthday of her alleged daughter as she clocks three years old today. It would be recalled that ...[Read more]
- Get a $50 gift voucher for any personalized Maya J jewelryIn LifestyleApril 14, 2021Warmer weather brings lower-cut tops and shorter sleeves so we can show off extra skin. You are rarely seen without donning trendy ...[Read more]