The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kano State command, on Thursday, arraigned an 18-year-old man, Isma’eel Abubakar, before a Senior Magistrates’ Court over alleged defilement of a minor.
NAN reports that the defendant, who lives at Kofar Ruwa Quarters, Kano, is standing trial on one-count charge of rape.
The Prosecution Counsel, Halliru Isa, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Jan. 8 at Kofar Ruwa Quarters, Kano.
He alleged that on the same date at about 4:30 pm., the defendant, deceived a five-year-old girl, lured her to his room and forcefully had carnal knowledge of her.
Isa said that the offence contravened Section 283 of the Penal Code.
Although the plea of the defendant was not taken the Senior Magistrate Haulatu Magaji ordered that the defendant be remanded in a correctional centre.
Magaji, thereafter, adjourned the case till Feb. 16, for mention.
- Governor Buni speaks on consolidating success in education Yobe StateIn Education, NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- I’m A Good Actress- Vee RevealsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Big brother naija ex housemate, Vee has come out to declare her she is a good actress and she wants everyone to know about it.The reality TV star ...[Read more]
- Lionel Messi given two-match ban for red cardIn SportsJanuary 19, 2021Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has named the Blues’ squad to face Leicester City in today’s Premier League fixture. According to Football London, ...[Read more]
- Bayelsa Assembly deny impeachment plot against Diri over 38 billion FG refundIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- COVID-19: Kano State Orders Civil Servants To Stay At HomeIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Kano state government has ordered civil servants in the state to stay at home following the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the state. The ...[Read more]
- Device fresh approach to security, we are under siege – Northern elders to BuhariIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- Pfizer responds to Cuomo, says HHS approval needed to sell COVID vaccine to NYIn USAJanuary 19, 2021Pfizer says it would need federal approval to sell its coronavirus vaccine to New York, dashing Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s hopes of buying the shots ...[Read more]
- Justice Ita confirms expiration of tenure as Cross River State Acting Chief JudgeIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Pantami, has expressed satisfaction with significant progress in the ongoing NIN-SIM ...[Read more]
- 80-year-old Tanzanian man dies during sex with his 33-year-old lover in hotelIn NewsJanuary 19, 202180-year-old man identified as David Mluli died at a hotel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, while he was with his 33-year-old lover. Mr ...[Read more]
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Stop Attending Marriage CounsellingIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Celebrity couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have reportedly stop attending counselling and have proceeded to go on with their divorce settlement. ...[Read more]