The passengers of the Niger State Transport Authority abducted by bandits recently have recounted their ordeal.
52 individuals were kidnapped in Kundu village of Rijau Local Government Area on February 14, while returning to Minna.
Some of them told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Minna on Monday that they were beaten, starved and made to trek.
Mohammed Ndagi, a civil servant with the State Science and Technical Board, said their vehicle was shot at and stopped by the bandits at about 2:30 p.m.
He narrated how their captors ordered them out and led them into the bush where they trekked day and night.
“The bandits only carried women and children on their motorcycle to a particular destination. When we trekked to where the women were kept, it was already night.
“They cooked spaghetti and poured on our hands to eat. We were cooking for ourselves, they beat us on a daily basis. We kept seeing more of the bandits as we moved,” Ndagi said.
Ndagi disclosed that a particular bandit kept beating them with sticks and threatened them to produce money or risk being killed.
Another victim, Hamza Mohammed recalled that ten people were given one bottle of dirty water used in feeding cattle.
“The first day, we rested on a mountain and anyone who attempts to sleep will be flogged.”
He revealed that on the day of release, the bandits asked for forgiveness and requested prayers for them to change their ways.
In his recount, Hajiya Jummai Isah said they didn’t bathe or brush teeth for one week, and relied on little food.
She disclosed that the bandits used their motorcycles to convey women and children.
“They gave us little food to cook and eat. They beat the men and spare women and children; they only started beating women three days before we were released.
“They started beating us and shooting on the air because they said our people refused to give them money,” Isah said.
Governor Abubakar Sani Bello appealed to victims to be calm and go about their normal businesses.
Bello, represented by his Chief of Staff, approved stipends for transport back to their families.
- I Started Starboy Entertainment In The Living Room -Wizkid Opens Up On How He Kicked Off His Record LabelIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 4, 2021Superstar Wizkid has shared with fans how he started his highly acclaimed record label Starboy entertainment. The singer in a recent interview with ...[Read more]
- The least said about Rojo Nonoo and Kpessah Whyte’s testimony the better – Supreme CourtIn Ghana, NewsMarch 4, 2021The Chief Justice in reading the verdict for the 2020 election petition has said that Rojo Mettle Nonoo and Kpessah Whyte’s testimony did not ...[Read more]
- Ozo, Nengi unfollows each other on Instagram once againIn BBNaija, Celebrity NewsMarch 4, 2021GistReel The two Big Brother Naija reality stars, Nengi and Ozo are being dramatic again as they both unfollowed each other on Instagram. Ozo and ...[Read more]
- Fathia Was Really Messing Up And Somebody Needed To Put Her In Her Place – Remi Surutu Speaks On Slapping Fathia WilliamsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 4, 2021Nollywood actress Remi Surutu has revealed why she slapped her colleague Faithia Williams at a party in Lagos. Remi made the revelation in a new ...[Read more]
- Edo Police arrest two suspected burglars who specialize in breaking into homes on Sundays when owners are in churchIn NewsMarch 4, 2021Men of the Edo State Police Command have arrested two burglary suspects, Jackson Oke-Oghene and Ikpomwonsa Osayande in Benin City. It was ...[Read more]
- “Are you crazy?” – Actress, Uche Elendu slams troll who accused her of lying about her daughter’s ageIn Celebrity NewsMarch 4, 2021GistReel Nollywood actress, Uche Elendu has bounced hard on a comment of an Instagram user, who accused her of constantly lying about her ...[Read more]
- President Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo To Receive COVID-19 Vaccines On SaturdayIn Celebrity News, COVID-19, Nigeria NewsMarch 4, 2021President Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will receive shots of AstraZeneca/Oxford COVID-19 vaccines on Saturday. Executive Director, ...[Read more]
- Size 6 teen who had no bump didn’t know she was pregnant until she was in labourIn NewsMarch 4, 2021A teenager had no idea she was pregnant at 17 until she gave birth to a surprise baby. Siobhan Buchanan, of Perth, Scotland, still fit into ...[Read more]
- EFCC arraigns lady in court for allegedly using her bank account to receive over N6million of illicit fundIn NewsMarch 4, 2021The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 arraigned one Hope Aroti before Justice Emeka ...[Read more]
- Anambra police arrests man for allegedly stabbing his wife to death with a kitchen knife (photos)In NewsMarch 4, 2021The police in Anambra state have arrested a 35-year-old man identified as Kingsley Igwe, for allegedly stabbing his wife, Oyinye Obi, 31, to death ...[Read more]