The Court of Appeal Kano Division on Friday affirmed the judgment of the High Court of Justice in Jigawa State which sentenced one Badamasi Gawoni and another to death by hanging.
The judgment of the Court of Appeal was delivered through a virtual proceeding (zoom conference) by Justice Abubakar Lamido as contained in a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the Ministry, Zainab Baba Santali and issued to the media in Dutse.
The statement said Justice Lamido found that the judgment delivered on 24th February 2020 by Justice Abubakar Muhammad Sambo of the Jigawa High Court, was meritorious.
The Court, therefore, upheld the judgment against the appellant and dismissed his appeal for lack of merit.
On 19th January 2019, at about 11:00 pm the appellant along with another person conspired and used sticks to cause injury on the head of one Magaji Musa who is now deceased at Sabuwar Rijiya Fulani Camp.
The victim was taken to Garki Hospital for treatment and later transferred to Gumel General Hospital and subsequently to a hospital in Kano where he died two days after the incident.
During the proceedings in Jigawa High Court, the prosecution counsel called three witnesses and tendered a confessional statement of the appellant in proof of the allegation.
The appellant testified in defence and called another witness who testified in his favour.
Justice Abubakar Muhmmad Sambo sitting at the High Court of Jigawa State in Gumel convicted and sentenced the appellant and the co-accused person to death by hanging for Criminal Conspiracy and culpable Homicide Punishable with death contrary to sections 97(1) and 221(1) of the Penal Code, Laws of Jigawa State, 2012 (As Amended).
- GPLwk23: Karela finally win; Dwarfs vs Legon Cities abandoned after fans threatened RefereesIn Ghana, NewsMay 9, 2021Karela United finally secured a win at the 6th time of asking since the second round of the league started more than one month ago with a hard fought ...[Read more]
- Man joyfully tattoos face of reality star, Mercy Eke on his arm (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Die-hard fan inks the tattoo of the face of his favourite reality star, Mercy Eke, a.k.a Lambo on his arm as he joyfully shows it off. A video making ...[Read more]
- Video shows ‘hero’ NYPD cop running with wounded child after Times Square shootingIn USAMay 9, 2021Stunning surveillance footage captures a “hero” female cop frantically running through Times Square with the youngest victim of Saturday’s shooting ...[Read more]
- “Never set out to make money from your customers” – Reno Omokri warn entrepreneursIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Public speaker and author, Reno Omokri has urged entrepreneurs to desist from making money from their customers, urging them to add meaning to their ...[Read more]
- “New meme loading” – Reactions as Osita Iheme “Pawpaw” shares photo of himself drinking waterIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Netizens react as a veteran pint-size actor, Osita Iheme, popularly known as “Pawpaw” shares a cool picture of himself drinking table water. The ...[Read more]
- MTA’s Sarah Feinberg says subway safety will improve as riders returnIn USAMay 9, 2021New York City’s subways will be safer once the subways hit 4 or 5 million daily riders, Interim Transit President Sarah Feinberg said Sunday — while ...[Read more]
- Niger boat accident death toll hits 28In Local News, NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]
- Abuja: NDLEA bursts cartel selling drugs online, arrests 5In Local NewsMay 9, 2021The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) busted a drug cartel that sells drugged cookies, cakes, and brownies to residents of Abuja and ...[Read more]
- Man Renounces His Position In His Family As The First BornIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A man identified as Kingsley Ifeanyi has renounced his position as the firstborn in his family. Obviously overwhelmed by the enormity ...[Read more]
- “I can do without s3x for two years” – Mr Ibu revealsIn Celebrity NewsMay 9, 2021Veteran Nollywood actor and comedian, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu has disclosed that he can abstain from having sexual intercourse with a ...[Read more]