Two people lost their lives on Friday in an auto crash involving a car and a truck in Zangoro village, along Bauchi- Maiduguri road, according to Mr Yusuf Abdullahi, the Sector Commander of FRSC in Bauchi.
Abdullahi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that two others were also injured in the crash that occurred around 2pm.
He explained that a Peugeot 406 car with plate number, TRN36XL collided into an oncoming DAF truck with plate number, PKM77XA killing two of the victims instantly .
The FRSC commander blamed the accident on over speeding and dangerous driving, calling on road users to always obey traffic rules and regulations in order to prevent avoidable road crashes.
Troops, Boko Haram insurgents exchange bullets in Borno
“Two people died immediately at the scene of the crash and their bodies have been deposited at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH), Bauchi, for identification.
“The injured were also taken to the same hospital for medical attention. Our men responded swiftly, getting to the scene of the crash in less than 15 minutes.
“They were able to rush the survivors to the hospital for medical attention and clear the crash site”, he said.
He assured that the corps would not relent in its effort to sensitise the motoring public about the dangers of neglecting the traffic rules and regulations.
Boko Haram throws Maiduguri, other Borno towns into darkness again
- Two die, others injured in Bauchi fatal auto crash
- Four die, others injured in Ebonyi auto crash
- 1 dead, 4 injured in Bauchi lone auto crash
- Ten dead, twelve injured in Bauchi auto crash
- 20 passengers die in Bauchi auto crash
- Nursing mother, one other die in fatal auto crash in Bauchi
- Two killed, others injured in Anambra auto crash
- 7 policemen die in Kaduna auto crash, 11 injured
- Six die, nine injured in auto crash along Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Four die, 43 injured in auto crash along Oyo-Ogbomoso expressway