The Director of the Kaduna State Fire Service, Mr Paul Aboi, has said seventy-six persons died in 615 fire incidents recorded in the state in 2020.
The Director disclosed this on Tuesday during an interview with the newsmen, NAN reports.
He said 139 persons were injured in the fire incidents, while 85 people were rescued.
Aboi said the state lost more than N2.5 billion to the fire outbreaks, while properties worth N5 billion were salvaged.
According to him, the number of fire incidents increased from 523 in 2019 to 615 in 2020, due to the negligence of residents despite a series of enlightenment.
He said electricity was the major cause of the outbreaks and advised the people to be vigilant as any object could trigger a fire.
“When there is fire, we want the people to call us in good time and motorists should give way for our fire engines to get to those emergencies in good time, “ he said.
The director urged the state government to recruit more firemen to replace those who have died or retired to bridge the manpower gap in the service.
“I have 74 staff across the state and will need more to meet up to the challenges in the year.
“We urge residents to always ensure that all electrical appliances when not in use are switched off,” he added.
- What Andrea Pirlo said after wining first trophy at JuventusIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho, has finally ruled out any possibility of bringing Real Madrid centre-back, Eder Militao to Spurs this January transfer ...[Read more]
- Police arrests 3-member gang in AdamawaIn Local NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Commandant, Kano State Hisbah Board, Dr Haruna Ibn-Sina, said 19 women were arrested over alleged involvement in immoral acts in state. The ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: NCDC Records 1386 New CasesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC has recorded 1,386 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections in the country to ...[Read more]
- 62-year-old man arrested for raping 13-year-old girl in KatsinaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Katsina State Police Command has arrested a 62-year-old man, Lawal Sani for raping a 13-year-old old girl in Unguwar Yari area of the ...[Read more]
- Thirty Fine And Sexy!!!! Bisola Aiyeola Shares Stunning Birthday SnapsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Nollywood star Bisola Aiyeola turns 35 today and to celebrate the milestone the TV star has shared stunning birthday snaps. The stunning beauty ...[Read more]
- Diane Russet slams troll who said she looks like a cancer patient on her new haircutIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Big Brother Naija housemate and beautician, Diane Russet has cautioned an insensitive troll who said she looks like a cancer patient on her ...[Read more]
- Wontumi writes to Prempeh College, asks them to put his bad results in museum to motivate weak studentsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Chairman for the New Patriotic Party in the Ashanti Region, Benard Antwi Boasiako known in the political circles as Chairman Wontumi says he’s asked ...[Read more]
- “Kids are not a blessing. They are a burden” – Huddah Monroe writesIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Huddah Monroe took to her Instagram Stories to share a controversial statement that is getting attention. The Big Brother Africa reality star ...[Read more]
- There’s tension inside Akufo-Addo’s head over appointments – Gabby Otchere-Darko gives sneak peekIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko says there is uneasy in the head of the President of Ghana with appointments for his second term as President. According to ...[Read more]
- Child Harvesters were entrapped – Sammy Darko chides Ghanaians for condemning Anas’ method but hailing EOCOIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Lawyer Sammy Darko has chided Ghanaians for supporting the method used by EOCO and the Ghana Dental and Medical Council in arresting child ...[Read more]