Everyday that a new movie is produced and released in Nollywood, it comes with a new face being introduced to the public especially female actors.
They usually get the upper hand than their main colleagues. You get to see a mirage of beautiful ladies showing off their acting skills on the screen. If, they are able to play their role very well, it works for them couple with the role of the social media, where they get to interact with their fans as well as also show off their acting skills in skits.
Today, the Yoruba sector of Nollywood is filled with hot, young, beautiful, educated ladies who are making changes in the industry with their talents. They are proving to the world that acting is a profession that one can be proud of. They are the new age of nollywood and they are leaving no room for half baked actors in the industry anymore.
They are ready to act any role. From acting the role of street urchins to posh roles. They are proving to everyone that if you must succeed you must have your A-game intact and it’sproving to be true. Meet some of the talented new fastest growing actresses taking Yoruba sector of Nollywood by storm.
If you don’t know this super talented actress then you are likely not a fan of the Yoruba sector of Nollywood. This actress is a bundle of talent. Funmi Awelewa, popularly know as Morili Orofo, a name she got from the same named movie, came into limelight in her self produced movie, Aromimawe. Since then the actress as acted in many Nollywood movies including English and Yoruba movies. The Ibadan based actress is best known for her comic roles, which she always interpretes so well.
The University of Ibadan graduate of Library Archival and Information Studies, first got her break into nollywood when she got featured by actress, Sola Kosoko, in her movie ‘So So Kenke.’
Funmi, has since self produced five movies which include, Aromimawe, Morili Bilisi, Natasha, Gbakoje and Omo Ibadan.
The actress who said that her first time on set wasn’t easy has featured in movies such as, The Chain, Egg, Ebu Ika, Excursion and many more.
She once said it only “desperate actresses that get harrassed sexually.” to get roles.
The name Folorunsho Adeola is gradually becoming a big name in nollywood. Today, Folorunsho Adeola, otherwise known as Arikegold, is among 1 to 10 of the fastest growing actresses in Yoruba sector of nollywood, where she has pitched her tent. The journey for the beautiful actress is a long way coming as she joined nollywood about 10 years ago. She started by joining, Mr. Latin Film School, which is owned by Bolaji Amusa, and graduated in 2012.
The actress who graduated from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, where she studied Mass Communication and University of Ibadan, where she holds a degree in Philosophy, came into limelight in her self produced movie ‘Ike’ where she played the lead role.
She has also produced two other movies Eniola and Twin Sisters.
Arikegold as she is fondly called came from a polygamous home, where she said things were difficult but for her determination, she was able to succeed.
Arikegold, has acted in about 80 movies and have to her credit movie features such as Alani Pamolekun, Torera, Iranketa, Asiko and Baba Ibe.
The actress is also a serial entrepreneur and she’s into event planning, clothing, film marketing and more.
She said unlike some of her colleagues, she doesn’t like to wear revealing outfits and can never act nude for any amount because she wouldn’t want her children to see her nude movies in the future.
Kemi Korede is another of the fast growing actresses in nollywood. She’s one of the new game changers when it comes to acting and she is highly talented.
Kemi, who is a certified nurse became a professional actress in 2006, when she acted alongside well known faces like Funke Akindele and Rykado Agbor in a movie titled ‘Omo Bewaji.’
She also played the role of the daughter of Olumide Bakare and Yetunde Wunmi in the blockbuster movie ‘Ile Olorogun.’
The married mother of three lovely children, has produced many movies which include; Abooja, Afibi Solore, Current Alhaja, Arekereke.
In 2013, she spark speculation online on whether she has converted to Islam after a photo of her and controversial actress, Lizzy Anjorin, was seen together during the years’ prigrimage.
Kemi, was born in Lagos State, precisely she grew up in Agege, a suburb of Lagos.
the light skinned actress is one of the most popular new faces in nollywood. Though, a good actress, her popularity soared when she featured in a movie ‘Eja Nla’ which script was written by her younger sister. Eja Nla was her first movie in nollywood as a professional actress. But, her controversial relationship with Toyin Abraham (Aihmaku) former husband, Adeniyi Johnson, makes her more popular because many people came to know her. The actress was born and bred in Lagos, though an indegene on Aiyetoro Egbado in Ogun State.
Her early education we’re in Lagos but she graduated at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State in 2011.
Though, Seyi, joined nollywood in 2009 and apprenticed with Wisdom Caucus till 2011. Her first movie in nollywood as a professional actress as earlier said is in the movie ‘Eja Nla. Since then she has acted in many nollywood productions including; Case closed, Ota Mi, Wonuola,
The lightly built actress claimed that her most challenging role however was in the movie ‘Ogo Olorun’ in which she had to speak Yoruba language to the end.
She had had two of her movies ‘Dara’ and ‘Game Master’ released in the cinema.
If, you are looking for a super actress among the new fast-growing actresses in Nigeria, then Bukunmi Oluwashina name should be among the list.
Bukunmi, who came from a family of 7, is a native of Oke-Imesi in Ekiti State. She was born in the early 90s.
The dark skinned actress graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University in the Dramatic Arts Department.
Bukunmi journey into nollywood started right from her university days. She produced her first movie ‘Ayomi’ which shot her into the limelight, while still in school. The movie features the likes of Muyiwa Ademola, Joke Silva, Damola Olatuniji, Gabriel Afolayan amongst others.
The actress is also very versatile as she featured in the movie ‘Blogger’s wife alongside, English movies stars like Deyemi Okanlawon, Segun Arinze, Aishat Lawal, Jumoke Aderounmu, Ijeoma Grace and more.
She has been starred in movies such as the ; Test, Modebi Olami, Ennitan amongst others.
Bukunmi is also a musician, songwriter and composer, won City People Magazine ‘Fastest Rising Actress in Yoruba.’
Popularly known as Mo Bimpe became a popular face in nollywood after she featured in actor, Yomi Fabiyi’s movie ‘Crossroads (Agbede meji). She acted as the lead actress alongside Gabriel Afolayan. At the time she acted in the movie, Mo Bimpe, was serving as a National Youth Corp member but she was already a known face as model.
Mo Bimpe, is from Ijero Ekiti, she studied at the Ekiti State University, where she obtained a degree in English Language.
The actress who said her dark skin is her selling point as featured in many movies such as; I Dance, Delusional, Vow, Shadow and many more.
Her own personal effort is the movie ‘Dear Sister.’
She is a member of the Odunfa Caucus of Nollywood. The graduate of Linguistic from the University of Ilorin, first featured in a nollywood movie in ‘Isese Lagba’ by Tawa Ajisefini. But became popular for her role in ‘ Iwakiwa’
She has also featured in many other movies such as; Iya Mi, Eto Obinrin, Anu Obi. She also acted in ‘Asewo’ by Sunny Alli and Gongo Aso by Yinka Quadri.
Wunmi Toriola, is a serial entrepreneur and brand ambassador to many companies.
The young married actress and mother of one is probably the most popular on Instagram amongst the fastest rising actresses, though mostly because she always court controversies.
She’s friend of Seyi Edun with whom she supported and lambasted, Toyin Abraham, during the time, Seyi Edun was reported to have snatched Toyin’s ex- husband, Adeniyi Johnson.
Newly wedded Seilat has been acting in nollywood years before she picked a role in Dayo Amusa’s movie ‘Omoniyun’. The 28 year old beautiful actress, who said she’s a victim of sexual molestation, acted the role of a 13 year old girl, who is raped by her step-father. She didn’t report the incident to her mother, who is doing everything to safe her marriage. She later took her life after finding out she is pregnant.
Seilat is a refreshing actress because she’s a good role interpreter. She has produced her own movie titled ‘Barrister Seilat’ and also featured in other movies such as Silence, Ololufe and Dear Affy.
If there’s ever an actress in the Yoruba sector of nollywood, who came to fame in the short period, she joined the industry, then, the person is beautiful and stunning actress, Peju Johnson.
The voluptuous actress, relocated to Nigeria from Egypt in 2016 to actualized her dream of being an actress. And since then she hadn’t looked back as she has featured in many movies which include, Vow, Scar, Single Mother, Eto Mi, Farayola, Igbekele and Ayetimowa.
Stunning and legging actress, Joke Ajadi otherwise known as Luscious Joke, joined nollywood about 9 years ago. The sexy actress, Lagos State University graduate and Kwara State indegene, who run her trade in both the English and Yorua sectors of Nollywood has acted in some blockbuster movies.
She has starred in movies such as Bachelor’s Eve, Kesari, Alubarika and Two Wrongs which she produced.
Joke is also a businesswoman as she runs a wine shop. The actress at one point revealed that the Yoruba sector of nollywood is filled with hatred. Saying that the senior colleagues, chooses who they want to act with while producers and director, demand sex before they can feature one in a movie.
- Owner of illegal Queens nightclub fights with deputies during raidIn USAJanuary 25, 2021The owner of an illegal Queens nightclub was arrested after scuffling with deputies conducting an early Sunday morning raid, authorities said. About ...[Read more]
- Shock As Veteran Nollywood Actor, Dan Nkoloagu Dies At 83In Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 25, 2021Veteran Nollywood actor, Dan Nkoloagu has died. Nollywood was thrown into mourning following the demise of one of it own; Dan ...[Read more]
- “I ‘Died’ Three Times And Later Went Blind For Six Months” – Nollywood Actress, Maryann ApolloIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 25, 2021In a recent interview, Nollywood actress, Maryann Apollo, has explained what changed her life around. Maryann Apollo revealed why she became a born ...[Read more]
- NYC set to get another ‘paltry’ amount of COVID-19 doses this weekIn USAJanuary 24, 2021New York City is expected to receive another “paltry” 100,000 new doses of the COVID-19 vaccine Tuesday — a fraction of what is needed, officials ...[Read more]
- Tensions emerge between Gov. Cuomo and Chuck Schumer amid pandemic, sources sayIn USAJanuary 24, 2021Democratic rule in D.C. amid the coronavirus pandemic could expose simmering tensions between New York’s two political titans — Gov. Andrew Cuomo and ...[Read more]
- HIGHLIGHTS: Bioh’s lone strike denies Kotoko chance to go top of GPL tableIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 24, 2021Second-half substitute, Samuel Bio, scored for Aduana Stars to deny Asante Kotoko the chance to go on top of the Ghana Premier League. The Porcupine ...[Read more]
- “I’m Fulani but it makes no sense for cows to be roaming the streets in 2021” Adamu Garba writesIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021Adamu Garba has given his opinion on the topic of open grazing in Nigeria. The former presidential aspirant tweeted: “I’m a Fulani man, but I ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actor Dan Nkoloagu dies at age 83In NewsJanuary 24, 2021Nollywood actor, Dan Nkoloagu has died. He passed on Friday, Jan 22, 2021, his son Dan Nkoloagu Jr. announced on Facebook. Sharing a photo of the ...[Read more]
- It’s Official! Kourtney Kardashian Is Dating Travis BarkerIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 24, 2021Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker are dating. Over the weekend, Kardashian, 41, and Barker, 45, enjoyed a trip to Palm Springs, California, where ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Sarkodie’s Lookalike Appears On TV3 Date Rush To Find LoveIn EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Since finding true love seems to be a herculean task for some young men and women, a bunch of them have resorted to TV3’s sort of scripted Show, ...[Read more]