Report making rounds has it that Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Farouq has reportedly married the Chief of Air Staff in secret ceremony, according to SaharaReporters.
This is coming barely a year after report for being President Muhammadu Buhari’s potential bride.
It was reported that Sadiya Farouq tied the nuptial knots with Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, in a secret ceremony in Abuja.
The extremely private event, which took place last Friday, was the culmination of a love affair between the two public figures that dates back to more than a year ago, it was confirmed.
The source disclosed that the marriage was delayed till last Friday after the controversy that followed the rumoured affair between Farouq and Buhari in October 2019 where it was alleged that the President was set to take her for a wife.
The news set the entire media space on fire, leaving many disappointed at the end when the purported wedding never became a reality.
Perhaps to fully banish the ghost of that rumour and keep it several radius away from her husband, it was reliably gathered that Farouq and Abubakar’s wedding was facilitated by the First Lady, Mrs Aisha Buhari, apparently in a self-saving move.
Although, it was rumoured that she dated and was planning to marry Buhari last year, Farouq, who had been around the President since she was a teenager, has never dated the retired military general.
However, in an attempt to get at the First Lady, members of the cabal around Buhari approached her parents in a bid to have her marry the President.
But with that episode now firmly behind them, Farouq and Abubakar proceeded to cement their relationship last Friday in the private ceremony.
The minister, who clocks 46 on November 5, has never been married and has no children.
The Chief of Air Staff, who is from Bauchi State, on the other hand, has 10 children from two wives – one of whom he has since divorced.
The two have kept their marriage a secret just the same way their relationship escaped public radar.
Farouq was appointed minister by President Buhari in 2019 while Abubakar, who is among service chiefs Nigerians have asked the Commander-In-Chief to fire for their poor tackling of insecurity in the country, has been in office since July 2015.
- The Biography, Career and Net worth of Tonto DikehOctober 27, 2020Tonto Charity Dikeh was born on the 9th of June 1985, to Mr Sunny Dikeh and Mrs Veronica Dikeh as the third of five children. She hails from Ikwerre ...[Read more]
- The Biography of Chika Nancy IkeOctober 27, 2020Chika ‘Nancy’ Ike (born 8 November 1985) is a Nigerian actress, television personality, producer ,business woman , philanthropist and ...[Read more]
- A brief Biography of Patience OzokworOctober 27, 2020Patience Ozokwor, born 14 September 1958, is a Nigerian musician, fashion designer, gospel singer and actress. She won the Best Supporting Actress ...[Read more]
- See Interesting facts about you don’t know about Mr IbuOctober 27, 2020John Ikechukwu Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu , is a Nigerian actor and comedian . Okafor is considered to be one of Nigeria’s most ...[Read more]
- The biography and Career of Ngozi EzeonuOctober 27, 2020Ngozi Ezeonu (born Ngozi Ikpelue , May 23 1965) is a Nigerian actress and former journalist, notable for playing maternal characters in Nollywood ...[Read more]
- A follower of Chika Ike on social media lavishes praises on her in the latest photograph she shared of herself on IGOctober 27, 2020A follower of Chika Ike on social media has lavished praises on her in the latest photograph she shared of herself on Instagram. Chika Ike shared a ...[Read more]
- Social media folks blast Bbnaija housemate Nengi again over body enhancementOctober 27, 2020Social media folks have started body shaming Bbnaija housemate Nengi again. Arguably, Nengi is the most hated and body shamed BBNaija season 5 ...[Read more]
- Actress Adesua Etomi gushes over her husband as he releases new AlbumOctober 27, 2020Actress Adesua Etomi has expressed how proud she is of her husband for releasing his new song ‘Talk And Do’. Adesua and Husband(Banky W) Sharing a ...[Read more]
- Soldiers flows residents who flayed Curfew in Osun state(video)October 27, 2020Amid the call for national reforms and an end to police brutality, a video making rounds online has angered some Nigerians after a group of military ...[Read more]
- Kemi Olunloyo sends a lovely message to Nigerian Rapper ,Falz as today marks his 30th birthdayOctober 27, 2020Kemi Olunloyo has sent out a lovely message to Nigerian Rapper Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz as today marks his 30th birthday. Falz has for ...[Read more]