The movie industry is a dynamic one such that people from different areas of life can come together to impact the lives of their audience with a story.
Amazingly, these actors do not have to come from the same state or country, they just have to be skillful, versatile, and be able to speak one unifying language.
In Nigeria, we have actors who are not from a tribe thriving in the sector. They have been working in that sector for a while and even won awards for their creative works.
In fact, it would take some research into their backgrounds to find out that they are not from the tribe where they have carved a niche for themselves.
We compile a list of actors who are not Yorubas but have done beautifully well in the Yoruba film industry.
1. Toyin Abraham
Born as Olutoyin Aimakhu in Auchi, a town in Edo state, but spent her early life in Ibadan.
The mother of one has starred in several Yoruba movies and was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Yoruba film titled ‘Ebimi ni’ during 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards.
2. Kelvin Ikeduba
The actor is a native of Delta state who carved a niche for himself in the Yoruba movie industry when he debuted in 2000.
In 2014, he won the award for Best Cross Over Actor at the Yoruba Movie Academy Awards.
3. Racheal Oniga
The veteran hails from Eku in Delta state and she still acts in Yoruba movies since she debuted in 1993 with movie Owo Blow.
4. Clarion Chukwurah
The Anambra-born veteran actress is known for her role interpretation both in English and Yoruba movies.
5. Regina Chukwu
The Enugu-born actress is well-known for her role interpretation in Yoruba movies. The mother of two also speaks the Yoruba language fluently that the only guess one has about her background is her name.
6. Ibrahim Chattah
The Nupe actor is a seasoned entertainer in the Yoruba film industry.
7. Faithia Williams
The mother of two is one of the veterans in the Yoruba movie industry. The Delta-born actress has made her mark in the sector that she would be listed as one of the top actresses there.
8. Doris Simeon
The actress hails from Edo state but was born and bred in Lagos. She stars in both English and Yoruba movies but she is well-known as a Yoruba actress.
9. Rose Odika
The Delta state-born actress joined the movie industry in 1989. She is well-known in the Yoruba movie industry where she is doing her second term as the governor of the Theater Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria in Oyo state.
The actor hails from Cross River state. His first Yoruba movie was Tokotaya and he has not stopped taking roles from that sector.
11. Liz DaSilva
Elizabeth Tekovi Da-Silva is an actress of Togolese descent featuring predominantly in Yoruba movies.
In 2016, she was nominated for the City People Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress of the Year (Yoruba) at City People Entertainment Awards.
12. Mercy Ebosele
The actress hails from Edo state but is well-known for her features in Yoruba movies.
13. Mercy Aigbe
She hails from Benin city in Edo state but she is well-known for her roles in Yoruba movies.
- 6 Popular Yoruba Actors And Actresses Who Have Relocated To U.S (PICS)
- Popular Yoruba Actresses Whose Husbands Are Also Actors
- Jennifer Aniston Talks ‘Friends’ With Lisa Kudrow For Actors On Actors – Newzandar
- ‘The Simpsons’ actor Harry Shearer weighs in on using white actors for non-white characters
- ”If the government continues this way, it will get to a stage where non-state actors will take over” – Bishop Onaiyekan kicks against dialogue with Bandits
- ‘The Simpsons’ Will No Longer Have White Actors Play Non-White Characters
- ‘The Simpsons’ will no longer have white actors voice non-white characters
- MCU Star Chris Evans Literally Did Some ‘Begging’ For His Role in This Non-Marvel Film
- Jodie Comer Might Star in a New Film Adaptation of a Beloved ’90s Film-Turned-Musical
- Two Popular Male Actors Tried To Kiss Me – Uche Maduagwu