A 16-year-old boy suffering from autism was beaten up and mugged at knifepoint with thieves taking his money he had received for Christmas and his birthday.
The attack which happened on January 5 is one of five park robberies revealed by police this week involving group of teens using knives to threaten victims and stealing cash, electronics and a mountain bike.
Harry, was walking through Parr Fold Park at 6pm in Walkden, Salford, UK when two guys approached him.
One hit him in the face while the other punched him. They then threatened him with a kitchen knife and demanded he gave them the £350 that he had in his rucksack which he received during Christmas and his birthday.
Harry had to wait until he was home to tell his family about the attack as he did not have his phone on him.
His mum, Lisa, told the Manchester Evening News the attack left her ‘heartbroken’ and worried about the knife.
She said: ‘It just hurts me. Your stomach flips like nothing I’ve ever felt before. ‘If they stabbed him, he had no phone and it was dark. He could have been left there to die. ‘They could have stabbed him… and over what? A bit of money? His life is priceless.’
According to Manchester Evening News, one of the attackers was wearing a grey hoodie, the other was wearing a black hoodie and both were wearing black face masks.
Just over an hour before Harry was mugged a different teenager was assaulted on the cycle path and his headphones were taken. The next day a group with the same description pulled a knife on 17-year-old Matthew Bennett and a friend at about 4.30pm. The thieves made the boys empty their pockets and took Matthew’s wallet which had £300 of Christmas money in it.
Greater Manchester Police’s Inspector Katie Allen reacting to the incidents said:
‘These incidents are extremely distressing for those involved and local officers are carrying out a number of enquiries. ‘It’s extremely disappointing to receive these reports in a time where people are simply trying to enjoy the fresh air in a local park during a nationwide lockdown.
‘We’re aware that local residents are planning to attend the park to conduct their own patrols and though we appreciate their concerns and it’s with the best intentions, I would strongly advise against this for the sake of our on-going investigation and their safety.
- KiDi Bags Huge Partnership Deals With ‘Made In East New York’ Entertainment Company And US-based EMPIRE Record LabelIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021KiDi is probably on his way to the Grammys as he has bagged huge partnership deals with ‘Made In East New York’ (MadeinENY) and San Francisco-based ...[Read more]
- Don’t dismiss Abigail Rawlings, organize paternity test – Kofi Bentil advises Rawlings familyIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 28, 2021Lawyer and Senior Vice President of policy think tank, IMANI Africa, Kofi Bentil, has advised the family of late President Jerry John Rawlings not to ...[Read more]
- Woman performs oral sex on ‘gas station thief to distract him’ until cops arrivedIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021A woman distracted an alleged thief who was stealing from a petrol station and attacking staff with an unusual method which has left many ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Xandy Kamel Says She Doesn’t Trust Her Husband Fully – Anything Is Bound To HappenIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021One of the famewhores hovering around the internet, Xandy Kamel, has revealed that she doesn’t trust her husband fully. According to Xandy Kamel in ...[Read more]
- When You Get Finacial Breakthrough, Sow Financially Into Your Broke Friends – Reno OmokriIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Previous articleBBNaija’s Erica Nlewedim Trademarks Her Nickname “Star Girl”...[Read more]
- Emmy award-winning actress, Cloris Leachman is deadIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021The Federal High Court Ikoyi, Lagos State, on Wednesday, admitted more evidence against Azeez Fashola, popular musician also known as Naira Marley. ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Erica Nlewedim Trademarks Her Nickname “Star Girl”In Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Reality TV star Erica has announced that she has trademarked her nickname “Star Girl”. The TV star shared the exciting news on her social media page. ...[Read more]
- Pfizer-BioNTech says its COVID-19 vaccine is effective against UK and South Africa variantsIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021Pfizer and BioNTech has said that its Coronavirus vaccines are effective against the variants that have emerged in the United Kingdom and South ...[Read more]
- 65-year-old man allegedly kills his wife, son and himself in Anambra (graphic photos)In NewsJanuary 28, 2021A 65-year-old hunter, Uchechukwu Nweke, has allegedly killed himself, his wife, and their son in the Amunike community of Anambra state on Thursday ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Tracey Boakye Actually Hired A Saxophonist To Play ‘Happy Birthday’ Song For Her As She Landed At KIA From TurkeyIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Tracey Boakye climaxing her 30th birthday celebration had to hire a Saxophonist to welcome her at the Kotoka International Airport with a rendition ...[Read more]