A man who claimed to be an employee of the Ministry of Police Affairs has been arrested over the death of an 18-year-old girl, who reportedly died while they were having sex in the Yobe state government lodge in Damaturu, the state capital on January 6.
Confirming the incident, the spokesman for the state police command, Abdulkareem Dungus, said the suspect identified as Dr Albash reported that the girl was brought to him by his friends on the night of January 6, 2021 around 8pm in the Government Lodge in Damaturu.
“There is a case of suspected homicide against one Dr Albash, which was reported at our ‘B’ Division here in Damaturu. In fact, the suspect reported himself at the police station.
The suspect reported that the lady was brought by his friends to spend the night with him. He said shortly after rounds of sex, the lady collapsed and died right in the hotel room.
The chief suspect says he is a staff member of the Ministry of Police Affairs though we have yet to confirm that. Presently he and four other suspects are in detention at the state CID.”Dungus said
- Bauchi to vaccinate six million people against yellow feverIn Health, NewsJanuary 15, 2021About six million people between ages nine months and 44 years are to be vaccinated against yellow fever in Bauchi State during its 10-day ...[Read more]
- Fani-Kayode mocks Buhari as pigeons refuse to fly during Armed Forces Remembrance dayIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to change Nigeria’s Service Chiefs. Wike said it was high time new ...[Read more]
- Wike joins calls for Buhari to remove Service ChiefsIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Armed Forces Day: Oby Ezekwesili reveals why pigeons refused to fly, mocks BuhariIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Husband, wife in court over alleged possession of Indian hempIn Local NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Police on Friday arraigned husband and wife, Asaolu Sheu (65) and Asaolu Jemilat (45), before an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court over alleged ...[Read more]
- Kaduna: Security operatives comb criminal hideouts in KadunaIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Acting Chief Judge orders 29 protesting Magistrates to vacate courtsIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Auto crash claims 15 lives in BornoIn Local NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some residents of Coca Cola, Leventis, Ajibade, Ajegunle, Oke- Itunu and neighbouring communities within Ibadan North Local government area have ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Nasarawa govt issues new directive to schools over resumptionIn COVID-19, Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa has approved the re-opening of all schools in the state with effect from Monday, January 18. Hajiya Fatu Sabo, ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Ogun announces date for schools resumptionIn COVID-19, Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa has approved the re-opening of all schools in the state with effect from Monday, January 18. Hajiya Fatu Sabo, ...[Read more]