Two soldiers of the Operation Hadarin Daji have lost their lives, while three others sustained high degrees of injuries as a result of a serious road accident on the Gusau-Zaria Road, in Zamfara State.
Newzandar News gathered that the accident occurred at about 11 am on Tuesday in Damba village, Gusau Local Government Area of the State.
According to an eyewitness, Anas Damba, the soldiers were in a convoy when the driver of one of the vehicles lost control and hit a commercial car coming in the opposite direction.
Damba explained that one of the soldiers fell out of the car and got crushed by the other vehicle in the convoy.
“Four soldiers who sustained serious injuries were rushed to the hospital by the soldiers,” he said.
Our correspondent further learnt that one of the four injured soldiers later died in the hospital.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer, Operation Hadarin Daji, Captain Ibrahim Yahaya, said, “I am not in Zamfara State at the moment. I am in Faskari town, Katsina State, but I heard about the unfortunate incident.”
- Four dead, others injured in Anambra auto crash
- Four dead, others injured in auto crash in Oyo
- Two killed, others injured in Anambra auto crash
- Two die, others injured in Bauchi fatal auto crash
- Two die, 2 others injured in Bauchi auto crash
- Four die, others injured in Ebonyi auto crash
- Yobe: 10 killed, 27 others injured in fatal auto crash
- Auto-crash kills one, 12 others injured in Kano
- Four dead, six injured in auto crash in Niger
- One dead, four injured in auto crash on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway