The President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has asked all Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) to remain at post until further notice.
In a letter addressed to the MMDCEs dated 11th January 2021, the Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare, on behalf of the President, directed them to remain at post until further notice, stressing that they must not take any decision involving a policy issue.
“You are to take note of the provision of section 14(5) of the Presidential (Transition) Act (2012) which states that you “shall not take a decision involving a policy issue”,” the letter emphasised.
There are speculations that many MMDCEs will be relieved of their post.
In the interim, the President has asked that they stay at post.
- Petition challenging our client’s dead-on-arrival – Lawyers for Assin North MPIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Lawyers for Assin North Member of Parliament(mp) James Gyakye Quayson are asking the Cape Coast High Court in the Central Region to dismiss the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]
- “Richest ashewo” – Bobrisky says while flaunting jewelry worth N12.4MIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021The most talked-about male barbie in Nigeria, Bobrisky has flaunted the worth of jewelry he wore to a date worth over N12.4m. In a recent video on ...[Read more]
- Why Ewe traditional rulers boycotted Rawlings’ funeral explained, his wife Konadu fingeredIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former National Women of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Anita Desoso says the Ewe Chiefs and family of the late former President of Ghana ...[Read more]
- Rawlings’ revolution was Ghana’s gateway to real development – Former MinisterIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister and former Member of Parliament(MP) for the Talensi Constituency in the Upper East Region, John Tia says Rawlings’ ...[Read more]
- Supreme court not a theatre for dramatic English without legal merit – Akufo-Addo’s lawyer to Mahama’s lawyerIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Member of the legal team for the second respondent in the election 2020 petition Frank Davies has chided his colleagues, Lawyers for the petitioners ...[Read more]
- Ibrahimovic apologizes for red card after clash with LukakuIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021Everton boss, Carlo Ancelotti, has said that Frank Lampard did well as Chelsea manager during his time at the West London club. Ancelotti, who was ...[Read more]
- It’s ignorance to blame ‘innocent’ Godfred Dame for SALL – Ex lecturer replies ‘all-knowing’ Franklin CudjoeIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021A former Lecturer of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Mustapha Hameed has lashed out at IMANI President Franklin ...[Read more]
- 2024 will be ‘cool chop’ for me as NDC candidate if NPP presents Bawumia – Atubiga boastsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021A member of the National Democratic Congress’ Communications team Stephen Atubiga has noted that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) must not betray Dr. ...[Read more]