Governor Badaru Abubakar has placed three additional local governments on lockdown, following the confirmation of two new cases of Coronavirus.
Speaking in a press conference at the State Government house in the capital, Dutse on Tuesday April 28, the Governor said one of the new cases is from Gujungu town in Taura local government, while the other is from Birninkudu local government but works in Gumel local government
It was further gathered that the index case that was transferred from the state to Kano has tested negative, but will only be discharged after testing negative for the second time. The lockdown which will take off from 12 midnight on Thursday April 20, is expected to help in contact tracing and sample collections in the areas.
“On the positive note, the two patients on admission are doing well and indeed the result of the index case transferred from Kano returned negative which is an encouraging sign of progress.
“Once the second test becomes negative, the patient would be discharged.
“On the flip side of the coin, however, the results from Abuja returned two samples positive, one from Gujungu in Taura Local Government, and the other in Birninkudu but working in Gumel.
“As it was applied in Kazaure, it has become imperative to also lockdown Gujungu, Birninkudu and Gumel for one from Thursday 30 April at 12 midnight to allow for contact tracing and sample collections in the areas.”
As at 11:50pm on April 28, there are 7 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Jigawa state.
- 3 local governments placed on lockdown in Jigawa State after it recorded new cases of Coronavirus
- 60% of Coronavirus cases in Nigeria were recorded in 20 local governments – PTF
- #Coronavirus: 60% of COVID-19 cases in Nigeria were recorded in 20 Local Governments – PTF
- Gov Badaru seeks amendment of local governments law in Jigawa over heavy deductions
- Jigawa and Kaduna state governments order closure of schools over rising COVID19 cases
- FG contemplates lockdown in hotspot local governments in Lagos, Abuja and others
- COVID-19: FG claims half of positive cases in Nigeria in nine Local Governments
- NNPC commences oil exploration in 8 local governments of Niger State
- Schumer says COVID bill will split aid between state, local governments
- How TB Joshua paid electricity bills of local governments in Ondo state – Governor Akeredolu