Nigeria is a country blessed with so much fruits which have high nutritional values and help to keep the body system healthy. There are some fruits which are popular in Nigeria but their English names we don’t know, as such we Identify them using their local name or better still the invented names. Let’s educate you on the English names of these popular local fruits.
1. “Tiger nuts” which we commonly call Aya in the North, Aki in the East or Ofio in the West is commonly consumed in Nigeria. It can be used to make local drinks which we consume mostly during hot weather, this drink is popularly known as “Kunu Aya.”
2. ‘Licki licki’ as we call it here in Nigeria is officially know as “Black velvet tamarind”. This fruit is fortified with vitamin C which acts as an antioxidant and help protect the body tissue. It’s also called various tribal names like Icheku (Igbo), Awin (Yoruba) and Tsamiyar kurm (Hausa).
3. Our lovely ‘Agbalumo’ is known as “African star apple” in English. This fruit is consumed in nearly all parts of Nigeria and helps the body system with various minerals which aid in proper body functionality.
4. ‘Shawa shop’ as we all call it in Nigeria here is called “soursop” in English. This fruit has anti parasitic and anti-inflammatory properties which makes it wonderful in the treatment of parasitic infections and attacks.
I know this article has made you laugh and has also enlightened you so you don’t get lost when someone mentions these names to you, now SHARE this post across social media by clicking the share button below the post so your friends and family can also learn, feel free to add other fruits which we don’t know their names in the comment box so we can also learn from you.
Please don’t forget to Like and follow me for more articles.
Newzandar News Newzandar
- The interesting Life of the #BBNaija Dorathy Bachor most people dont know
- The interesting Life of #BBNaija Terseer Kiddwaya most people dont know
- “Dont drag your wife to an uncomfortable apology. She wasn’t called when you were cheating” Toke Makinwa reacts as Derrick Jackson admits to cheating
- English Dept. vs. English and other commentary
- “Dont strive to look rich, work hard to be rich”- Reno Omokri
- Please dont destroy a happy Home – Reactions as Toyin Abraham’s Husband, Kolawole Set to Feature with Toyin’s Ex Husband’s Wife, Seyi Edun in New Movie (PICS)
- We dont Have Land For Fulani Settlement, We Only Have Water – Wike Tells Northern Leaders, Others
- “Dont kill yourself because your wife is sleeping around” Lawyer narrates how client ended in jail after he caught his wife with the landlord
- “Dont listen to motivational speakers for your own good” Actress, Halima Abubakar says
- Dont’a Hightower becomes fifth Patriots player to opt out of 2023 NFL season