A 45-year-old man identified as Osita Ezuruike has committed suicide at Umudafa, Awo Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State.
According to reports, the neighbours of the deceased alerted the police after they found him hanging from the roof of his house.
The Police is yet to ascertain why the deceased committed suicide, however, sources in the community claimed that he expressed frustration with life over the lockdown declared by the state government to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Spokesperson of the state Police Command Orlando Ikeokwu, who confirmed the incident said that Ezuruike’s corpse had been taken to a morgue.
“On April 27, acting on a report, operatives of the Divisional Police headquarters in Mbieri moved to Umudafa, Awo Mbieri, Mbaitoli LGA, in a house belonging to one Osita Ezuruike, 45, and met the lifeless body of the said Osita hanging. The reason for taking his own life could not be ascertained. However, the corpse has been removed to the morgue, while an investigation into the incident has commenced.” Ikeokwu said.
- Police Inspector found dead, as 45-year-old man commits suicide in Imo
- 45-year-old man commits suicide in Imo (graphic photos)
- 45-year-old man commits suicide in Imo
- Young Nigerian man commits suicide after being accused of rape by a Twitter influencer. See his suicide note
- Man commits suicide in Imo (graphic)
- 50-year-old man commits suicide in Abia
- 32-year-old man allegedly commits suicide in the presence of his mum in Lagos
- 22-year-old man commits suicide in Kaduna