A 5-month-old boy in the Bronx was found dead in his crib, hours after his mother said he came down with a fever, according to police.
The mother told authorities she gave the baby Tylenol earlier in the evening to reduce the fever; when she checked on him around midnight, he wasn’t moving, and she called 911, police said. The home is in NYCHA’s Castle Hill Houses.
Paramedics found the boy unresponsive in bed and took him to Jacobi Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
The baby did not have any immediate signs of trauma, and no foul play is suspected, police said.
- 2-month-old baby found dead at Manhattan homeless shelter hotel: cops
- Death of 9-month-old Bronx baby ruled homicide after fentanyl found in body
- Cops seek son after Bronx woman found dead with bag over her head
- 6-month-old boy found alive in rubble after Egypt building collapse
- 18-month-old boy dies after drunk mom crashes into golf course pond: cops
- Cops investigating death of 2-year-old boy in the Bronx
- Death of 7-month-old Queens boy ruled homicide: cops
- Woman found dead, lying face-down in Brooklyn hallway: cops
- Man found stabbed to death in the Bronx, cops say
- Man found shot in the back with a gun in his hand in the Bronx: cops