A five-year-old boy accidentally shot his 12-yr-old brother to death after mistaking a loaded gun he found in the woods as a toy.
The dead boy and his siblings, ages five and seven, were in the woods in Atlanta, Georgia, when the youngest of the three found the gun, according to a police statement.
The brothers were playing on a trampoline when the gun was found, 11Alive reports.
Special investigators spoke to the five-year-old who told them he thought it was a toy when he fired it hitting his older brother in the chest.
Paramedics were called to the scene on Saturday just after 7.40pm where they performed CPR on the boy before he was rushed to Wellstar Spalding Regional Hospital where he later died.
- Two-year old shoots 12-year old cousin after finding gun, police say
- Colorado school calls sheriff on boy, 12, who showed toy gun in virtual class
- Child in Georgia fatally shoots brother with gun found in woods
- Brave 5-year-old boy, saves mum’s life as she lay in coma by calling number on his toy ambulance
- Man Beaten To Pulp After Being Caught Stealing With A Toy Gun In Lagos (Graphic Photos, video)
- Police recover toy gun, kill kidnapper, rescue two victims in Ogun
- Canadian cops take down teenage girl in stormtrooper costume over toy gun
- Breaking: Jugde Who Sentenced 22-year-old Boy To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed, Jail 13-year-old Boy 10 Years For Insulting Allah
- Michigan 4-year-old shoots brother in head while parents were asleep
- When a 15-year-old shoots a 6-year-old in a gang hit, something’s gone horribly wrong