An Upper Sharia court in Kofar Kudu, Kano state sentenced a 70-year-old man to death by stoning after he pleaded guilty to defiling a 12-year-old girl on Wednesday, August 12.
Audu admitted during his trial that he defiled the young girl and was willing to accept the punishment of death by stoning.
The presiding judge, Abdullahi Sani Sarki Yola, noted that Islamic teachings gave Audu the chance at three court sittings to reverse his confession in order to save himself from the punishment.
Audu, nevertheless, held on to his confession that he defiled the girl and was ready for his punishment.
In related news, the Niger state police command apprehended a 60-year-old man identified as one Haruna Lawal, for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl in the Wushishi community in the state.
A statement from the spokesperson of the state police command, Wasiu Abiodun, stated that Haruna, a scavenger, spotted the little girl while she was hawking fish in the area.
He allegedly offered her a N100 note and then took her into an uncompleted building where he had canal knowledge of her.
- 70-year-old Man Sentenced to Death by Stoning for Raping a Teenager
- Kano Shariâa court sentences 70-year-old man to death by stoning for raping 12-year-old girl
- Man sentenced to death for raping to death two-year-old girl
- 20-year-old man sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for raping eight-year-old girl in Ogun
- 31-year-old man sentenced to 9 years in prison for raping 7-year-old girl in Edo state
- Man sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for raping 5-year-old girl to death in Bayelsa
- Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-Year-Old Man To Death By Stoning For D e f i l i n g Minor; Nigerians Reacts
- Man sentenced to death by hanging for raping two year old to death in Kaduna
- Man sentenced to two life terms for raping and killing 9-year-old girl in South Africa
- Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for raping an 11-year-old girl