Some couples in the 90-Day Fiancé franchise are enduring and fan favorites. On the other hand, some you love to hate. Two such couples have been a part of the franchise. Stephanie Matto and Erika Owens first appeared on season four of 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days and were the franchise’s first same-sex couple. This couple had a drama-filled relationship, and in the end, fans were disappointed. However, in season two of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way, viewers were introduced to Armando Rubio and Kenneth Niedermeier.
Fans were hopeful once again, as stated on Reddit. One fan posted, “Armando and Kenneth are everything the gay community deserves after the train wreck we watched last season.”
Stephanie and Erika- the First LGBTQ Couple on ’90 Days’
Stephanie Matto is a YouTuber from Yonkers, New York. She met Erika Owens, a photographer from Australia online. The two started dating, and Stephanie decided to visit Erika. As an article on ET points out, Stephanie’s mother, who she is close to, didn’t know Stephanie was in a relationship with a woman, which ended up being a problem throughout the relationship. In addition to this, Stephanie didn’t show a lot of affection and wasn’t as intimate.
Her lack of love caused viewers to question Stephanie’s sexuality. Some fans took to social media and accused her of only going on the show for fame. Stephanie admitted she was more conservative in person than how she portrayed herself online. During Stephanie’s visit, they continuously fought about Stephanie being uncomfortable around Erika and her friends. She was also jealous, insecure, and felt Erika was pressuring her to come out to her mother. The two eventually had an explosive breakup on the show.
Armando and Kenneth’s Relationship
Kenneth, from St. Petersburg, Florida, and Armando, from San Felipe, Mexico, are the first same-sex male couple to star on the 90-Day franchise. Kenneth, a 57-year-old dad with children all in their 20s and one grandson, met 31-year-old Armando, a father with a six-year-old daughter, on a social media group for gay dads. The two became fast friends and were able to meet up when Kenneth went to Mexico for a friend’s wedding. After this, the two fell deeply in love, and fans are smitten with their story.
One fan on Reddit said, “Not enough Kenny and Armando this episode, although like a lot of people I’m fully expecting some horrible twist to come down the pike with them. Honestly, the most shocking plot development would be if their story stays wholesome all the way through.” Fans believe in this couple and are rooting for them to last.
You would think the age difference would cause some issues, but the two don’t seem fazed. The only friction the two may experience would come from Armando’s parents. Armando found the courage to tell them once before, but unfortunately, they just dismissed him. He decided to try again on the show. His mother cried, and his father was just stone-faced.
On the other hand, Kenneth had a different experience when he came out to his parents. He was unsure how they would react to his coming out, but they were incredibly supportive. Kenneth’s kids are upset about him moving to Mexico and leaving them behind, but they’re happy that he has found love.
Where Are They Now?
Stephanie Matto and Erika Owens had a very public and explosive break up on the show. Erika came out to her family on the show, while Stephanie was visiting. However, Stephanie was unable to do the same during filming but has since come out to her mother. Erika is currently single, and the two are not on speaking terms.
As for Armando and Kenneth, it’s unclear if they are still together. The couple did an interview together in the same room with Entertainment Tonight, which is a good sign. Fans still find these two inspirational, and they remain hopeful. One fan said, “hopefully, they will work, eventually move to the USA and be a stable enough couple that they can join the pillow talk team.”
- 2-Years After D’Banj And Wife Son Drowned Inside A Swimming Pool; Recent Photos Of The Coupe Pop UpIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020D’banj and his beautiful wife, Lineo Didi, have been through very hard times in the past. He is one of the greatest musicians Nigeria has ever had. ...[Read more]
- “Always Do You” – Singer, Mayorkun recounts how he went from being a Banker to becoming a Superstar (Video)In Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Popular Nigerian singer, Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel, better known as Mayorkun has shared his grass to grace story as he recounts how he ditched a ...[Read more]
- Biography, Career, Family, Awards And Net Worth Of Nuella NjubigboIn BiographyNovember 27, 2020Nuella Njubigbo is a popular Nollywood actress, scriptwriter, model and a television personality.Nuella Njubigbo was born on 18th March 1984 in ...[Read more]
- NYC SantaCon is canceled due to COVID-19 pandemicIn USANovember 27, 2020Ho Ho No! The annual SantaCon pub crawl has been canceled this year in the Big Apple due the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizers announced the news on the ...[Read more]
- Biography, Family, Early Life, Education, Career And Net Worth Of Ime Bishop UmohIn BiographyNovember 27, 2020Ime Bishop Umoh popularly known as Okon Lagos is a Nigerian based actor and comedian,He was born on the 15th of July, 1981.He is an Ibibio, and is ...[Read more]
- “Are you mad? I’m not scared of you, ingrate” – Kiddwaya and his alleged cousin blast each otherIn BBNaijaNovember 27, 2020Big Brother Naija lockdown housemate, Terseer Waya popularly known as Kiddwaya has been blasted on Twitter by a lady who claims to be his relative. ...[Read more]
- Massive sinkhole swallows vehicle in NYCIn USANovember 27, 2020An unoccupied orange SUV was found swallowed by a sinkhole in Queens early Thursday morning. The vehicle, a Toyota RAV4, was discovered nose-down in ...[Read more]
- Woman dead, driver critical after smashing into Buffalo monumentIn USANovember 27, 2020A speeding minivan that crashed in downtown Buffalo killed a woman and left the driver in critical condition on Thanksgiving Day, authorities said. ...[Read more]
- Tonto Dikeh’s Ex Set To Marry Daughter Of Kogi West SenatorIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Politics, marriage and relationships are among one of the few things that cannot be predicted. Nigerian would be witnessing the biggest marriage as ...[Read more]
- Tonto Dikeh’s Ex Set To Marry Daughter Of Kogi West SenatorIn Celebrity NewsNovember 27, 2020Politics, marriage and relationships are among one of the few things that cannot be predicted. – Advertisement – It is, therefore, no ...[Read more]