Disney wants fans to be their guest again during the coronavirus quarantine.
After the success of the “Disney Family Singalong” on April 16, which drew more than 10 million viewers, ABC announced Wednesday a Mother’s Day followup special, “The Disney Family Singalong: Volume II.” Ryan Seacrest will host the show starting at 7 p.m. ET Sunday, May 10.
Guest stars were not yet announced for the new one-hour show. The first special featured on-screen lyrics for sheltered viewers to perform along with performers including Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Josh Groban, Darren Criss, Christina Aguilera, Michael Bublé, Kristin Chenoweth — and even surprise performer Beyoncé.
The special will also serves as a way to raise awareness about nonprofit organization Feeding America and those facing hunger during the COVID-19 crisis.
“‘The Disney Family Singalong’ was a beautiful event that united millions of households across the country, filling our hearts with joy and song, and also providing much-needed nourishment to fill the bellies of our neighbors facing hunger,” Claire Babineaux-Fontenot, CEO of Feeding America, said regarding the debut event in a statement.
- ABC sets ‘Disney Family Singalong: Volume II’ for Mother’s Day
- John Legend and Jennifer Hudson lead Disney magical singalong (Video)
- “That time is over when we had to take anything just to be called mothers” Tonto Dikeh writes in Mother’s Day post as she especially recognizes single mothers
- Waiting for Disney World to Reopen? Here Are a Few Disney Parks-. Shows and Movies Only Available on Disney+
- TBoss Pens Down Lovely Post For All Mothers & Aspiring Mothers
- “Most black males in prison come from single mothers” – Reno Omokri reacts to backlash for slamming single mothers
- ABC sets ‘The Bachelorette’ fall premiere for October
- ‘Eat It’ singalong is the perfect response to ‘Imagine’ debacle