The suspected kidnappers of the 333 boys of the Government Science Secondary school in Kankara, Katsina state, have reportedly reached out to one of the parents of the abducted students and have asked them to prepare a ransom for their ward’s release.
Media personality, Kadaira Ahmed, quoted Abdu Labaran, the Senior Special Assistant to the state governor on Media and Publicity, as saying this when he appeared on Radionow 95.3fm on Monday night, December 14.
”#AbdulLabaran DG Media for the #Katsina govt just told
@RadioNow953FM gunmen who abducted #KankaraStudents have phoned a parent &told him to begin gathering ransom money + asked him to tell the military to desist from air surveillance of their hiding place or else”
On Monday, December 14, the state governor, Aminu Masari, announced that the abductors of the boys have contacted his government. Read here.
- Abductors demand N15m ransom for release of kidnapped victims
- After Parents Paid N5m Ransom, Abductors Kill Kidnapped Kaduna Boy
- Employer cries for help as his technician is kidnapped and the abductors have threatened to kill him after allegedly killing four others for not paying ransom
- Katsina state government insists no ransom was paid for the release of abducted Kankara schoolboys
- ”Bring back our boys”- Northern Groups begin protest in Katsina over abducted Kankara schoolboys (photo/video)
- Abductors of Kaduna students release video of them in captivity, demand N500m ransom
- “Now bring back the girls” Naomi Campbell reacts to news of over 300 schoolboys kidnapped from Katsina school being released
- ”My children’s abductors have asked for Â£100, 000 ransom” – Father of twin children abducted in Oyo state one week ago, reveals
- No ransom was paid for rescued Kankara schoolboys – Governor Masari says (video)
- Abductors of 25 Taraba youths demand N52m ransom