The Abia State chapter of the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) and Assembly of Allied Health Professionals, have suspended the ongoing strike action embarked on since Nov. 3, 2020, with immediate effect.
The Council also directed her members to resume work today Thursday, Jan. 14, 2020.
In a resolution at the end of a meeting between JOHESU, Assembly of Allied Health Professionals and the Abia State Government, the Council expressed appreciation to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for approving and implementing the Consolidated Health Salary Structure (CONHESS) to all healthcare workers, civil service and Local Government Councils in the state.
According to the resolution signed by Dr Joe Osuji, the Commissioner for Health, and Sir. Onyii Wamah, the Head of Service, on behalf of the state government and state Chairman (MHWUN), Comrade Okoro Ogbonnaya, and all the Chairmen and Secretaries of the Council, “the Government of Abia State has shown commitment in the payment of salary arrears, having paid three months to Hospital Management Board staff and two months to the staff of Abia State University Teaching Hospital, and five months to staff of Abia State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology, in the month of Dec. 2020.”
The resolution added that the state government has approved the total sum of N4million as running cost for all the Health Authority Secretaries in the seventeen LGAs as well as agreed to involve JOHESU leadership in the staff verification exercise at the Hospitals Management Board and the Abia State University Teaching Hospital billed to begin soon.
It agreed that no any of the members of the Unions would be victimized because of the strike action while noting that JOHESU would have to recommence the strike with a seven-day notice should the government fail to keep its own part of the bargain.
- Ned Nwoko finally makes clarification on Zambian mistress alleged to become his 7th wifeIn Entertainment, GossipJanuary 27, 2021Nigerian billionaire and philanthropist, Prince Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on reports of him planning marry a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson as his 7th ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Wolves: Abramovich sets target for Tuchel as he replaces LampardIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- Chelsea vs Wolves: Details of Tuchel’s discussion with players ahead of first gameIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- Serwaa Amihere Flaunts The Handsome Gynecologist Who Takes Care Of Her Pxxy And Entire Reproductive SystemIn EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Serwaa Amihere has flaunted the man who has the license to call her at any time and tell her hey, come and let me check your pxxy if it’s receiving ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Ka3na reveals why she’s “so proud and likes fighting with everyone”In Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Controversial ex-BBNaija housemate, Ka3na “the boss lady”, has taken to social media to reveal why she’s “so proud and likes fighting everyone”. The ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Sheffield: We will not buy new players – SolskjaerIn SportsJanuary 27, 2021
- ‘What Did Igbo People Do To Buhari?”- Reno Omokri Reacts To The Non-inclusion Of Igbo People In Appointment Of Fresh Service ChiefsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsJanuary 27, 2021Political activist Reno Omokri has reacted to the recent appointment of new service chiefs by President Buhari. The activist took to his Instagram ...[Read more]
- ‘Trump impeachment trial is illegal ‘ – 95% of U.S. Senate Republicans vote that convicting an ex-president is unconstitutionalIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021It looks like former US president won’t be convicted by the US Senate after the Senate tabled an effort by Sen. Rand Paul Tuesday to force a ...[Read more]
- Police uncover another child trafficking syndicate in Anambra (photos)In NewsJanuary 27, 2021The police in Anambra state has uncovered yet another child trafficking syndicate in the state. A statement released by the spokesperson of the ...[Read more]
- Don’t Call Me A Liar – Jennifer Lopez Speaks On Claims That She’s Had A BotoxIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Jennifer Lopez has once again come out to set the records straight that she’s never had cosmetic surgery or a botox done before. The actress over the ...[Read more]